The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnenomica deck variation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hctlam
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hctlam
One feature of the Mnenomica deck is its ability to go back to new deck order. However it’s European NDO instead of American NDO. In the book it is mentioned that how to get to set up a Mnenomica deck from a newly opened deck. I am thinking about applying this procedure to an American deck.
The end result is all the clubs will become spades, all hearts become clubs and all spades become hearts, the diamonds won’t change. The deck looks random enough for me. I think it can do all the routines specific for the Mnenomica deck except those bridge demos and spelling tricks, as the suits of the cards are involved.
Has anyone think about this? Have I overlooked something?
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Read my post "Best of Both Worlds". I think this is similar to what you are looking for. Instead of bringing the deck to Mnemonica order you stop after 4 faros and are now in stay stack order and can do many of the built in effects in Mnemonica. You then continue by giving the deck one more Faro and you are now in MD order and can do 95% of all MD routines. Finally you give the deck just 3 more Faros and you are in new deck order or what Juan Tamariz describes as one of the greatest climaxes in card magic.
Boudje
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of Boudje
Quote:
On 2006-11-16 12:32, Steve Suss wrote:
Read my post "Best of Both Worlds". I think this is similar to what you are looking for. Instead of bringing the deck to Mnemonica order you stop after 4 faros and are now in stay stack order and can do many of the built in effects in Mnemonica. You then continue by giving the deck one more Faro and you are now in MD order and can do 95% of all MD routines. Finally you give the deck just 3 more Faros and you are in new deck order or what Juan Tamariz describes as one of the greatest climaxes in card magic.

I can't find this post anymore.

And I don't understand what is called "MD order".

Any link, since I'm really interested in ths simple setup and ending?
Piqsirpoq
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
116 Posts

Profile of Piqsirpoq
MD order = memory deck order. In other words, the order you commit to memory.
Boudje
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of Boudje
Ho, I see, so the missing post was talking about memorizing a deck in the order obtain after 5 out faro.

Sadly that this post has vanished ( or I missearch it).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnenomica deck variation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL