The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2006 entrée: Paul Kozak » » Early days » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Dear Paul,

would you mind sharing some stories from your early days, the fun and the challenges?

Thank you in advance
Andy
Cards never lie
ncarifo
View Profile
New user
Burbank, California
56 Posts

Profile of ncarifo
Paul,
I once heard something about an illusion or stunt you were planning at one time when the IBM Convention was in Pittsburgh. Probably around 1981 or so. Some illusion involving you hang gliding over the river in pittsburgh or something.

I'd love to hear the whole story...

Nick
-----------------------------------------
Nicholas Carifo
Modern Magician Productions
nicholas@modernmagician.com
www.modernmagician.com
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Before Koz has a chance to deny or confirm anything ... let me say that I was there and he did, in fact, want to do an escape from a hang glider while over the Golder Triangle area at the IBM 1981 Convention in Pittsburgh. The city powers that be said "no" so we didn't have to try and talk him out of it. Paul kept his feet on the ground and went on to win the first place trophy in the competition. He was a wild man even at that tender age! I am glad he hasn't changed. He is still wild and still the man!!

Paul - Welcome to the Guest of Honor Forum!

Bill
garywest
View Profile
New user
South Florida
32 Posts

Profile of garywest
Hey Koz... I think I followed you into some of the comedy clubs up around NY and Philly a long long time ago... like the mid to late 80's. I only got a chance to see your performance once back then and I was floored! And recently saw you in Vegas and you just keep getting better and better. Did you do Resorts when Bud Friedman was doing the Improv there? That was a great room and I did gig there with Shirley Hemphill... I could tell you some stories! Tell us about some of the wildest things that you did on the road during that time. You must have been a PsYChO!! Keep being the best!!
It's better to have a bottle in front of you... than to have a frontal lobotomy!
Kozak
View Profile
V.I.P.
78 Posts

Profile of Kozak
Hi Gary, You know I areally loved Shirley Ann Hemphill, she has passed and there is a lot less laughter in the world. I remember when I was an MC back at the PGh. Comedy Club I would introduce her as "From the Hit TV show...Goodtimes? Hardtimes? Good to be Hard Again...what was the name of that show?" She would hit the stage LAUGHING...I miss her.
I was just with Bud Friedman last night at the Comedy Festival, I was his go to guy to open all the Improvs. He wanted a "Show" for opening nights. He has always been very kind to me.
You know something Gary...I was NEVER PSYCHO...ALWAYS PROFESSIONAL...nobody hires a psycho and pays them well. I am a studied character on stage with purpose.
For 25 years I was succesfull, well liked, had fun and prospered... and then 3 years of living in a HELL that I created of booze and drugs alone in my hotel room and home by myself...I do not regret what happened as how can I know that I am now living Heaven on Earth if I did not have the RELATIVE EXPERIENCE of walking in HELL
Kozy in Hawai'i
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2006 entrée: Paul Kozak » » Early days » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL