The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Wiz - Accessory for the Wizard PK Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Just use a TT
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Mystician, it is not a hematite sphere. The ones Ron sells are actual magnets, and as Ron mentioned, they work really well with his Child's Play products.

Tom
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I am mainly focus on cards. So my question might be ridiculous to most of you guys.

But here it goes anyway. What do the initials PK stand for? If this is exposure then I apologize.

thanks
Magic is a vanishing art.
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
491 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
Edh,

It stands for:

Psycho Kinesis = PK

Marc
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Thanks for the info gobrownstd54.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Nighthawk
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Nighthawk
Indeed...in the video it looks like the guys fingers are glued together...I love my 'ring' as it has transformed me into a Nelson Downs with respect to coin effects and would be enthusiastic about more applications....and hence I would almost reflectively buy an accessory that expanded on the use of the ring....but on the strength of that video...????? not a chance....
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
The Wiz is an idea with potential but the handlings supplied on the video are unusable and completely devoid of any magic. I agree with the person who said use a TT!!

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Gochos
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gochos
Thank you all for your feedback. It is really helpful to us in refining our work. Its disappointing that some people operate from a position glass half empty rather than appreciating the real value of the Wiz. It is a truly unique product. Whilst video clips are useful, sometimes they are not helpful. You need to use the Wiz to appreciate it.

The thing is, if a demo is not supplied people will comment, its disappointing because their is no demo, a demo is supplied some people say the same thing. In this game you will never win.

You have to take the following into consideration. Not all tricks can be performed in front of a camera. Due to the workings of the Wiz, no matter how you try and perform it, the camera will pick it up. The camera picks up far more than the naked eye so what the spectator sees with the Wiz, the camera will reveal the secret. If the clips was edited to not reveal the secret, people will comment that its all fake because editing was involved.

So what do we do?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-12-07 04:12, Roth wrote:
Small chop cup ball works great to. Nice thing is you don't have to be concerned with any "talking" as the ball . . .

Try using a computer mouse BALL.

Quote:
On 2006-12-07 22:16, Mystician wrote:
Ron, isn't that a hematite sphere ?

Quote:
On 2006-12-08 19:44, TomKMagic wrote:
Mystician, it is not a hematite sphere. The ones Ron sells are actual magnets, . . .

I think THIS is what Mystician meant.

Also THIS is the same.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Quote:
On 2006-12-15 03:50, Ustaad wrote:
Try using a computer mouse BALL.

Creative idea Ustaad, thanks.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Gochos, I respect the Wizard ring a lot brother and like the things you are developing so please know I do respect your creative efforts.

However, whether the handlings of the Wiz were in front of a camera or live would not change the fast, jerky and unnatural look they have.

Having said this maybe someone will come up with a natural and clean looking handling and give the device a good use.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:
On 2006-12-08 19:44, TomKMagic wrote:
Mystician, it is not a hematite sphere. The ones Ron sells are actual magnets, and as Ron mentioned, they work really well with his Child's Play products.

Tom

Actually, I received a PM from MrMagic, it is in fact hematite.
That's not a bad thing or anything, I was just curious.
Hematite is naturally magnetic, like lodestone.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Mystician:

Hematite is naturally magnetic because hematite is really metal not stone thus they are attracted to a magnet. The spheres I have contain magnetic qualities in other words they attract metal.

Ron
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-12-16 08:06, mrmagic0 wrote:
* The spheres I have contain magnetic qualities in other words they attract metal.

Sorry, I'm confused. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks!

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
mr.toast
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of mr.toast
This is how I understand it...hematite is a naturally occuring rock/mineral that contains enough Iron in it's chemical makeup that it is attracted to magnets. Magnetite a.k.a. lodestone on the other hand is a naturally occuring magnet and would attract any ferrous metal such as hematite. Magnetite is not much different chemically (if at all) it just has it's magnetic domains better oriented.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Most metal can be magnatized. I am assuming that the marbles I have are hematite and have been magnetized.

Here is the definition from a dictionary.

Hematite (AE) or haematite (BE) is the mineral form of Iron(III) oxide, (Fe2O3), one of several iron oxides. Hematite crystallizes in the rhombohedral system, and it has the same crystal structure as ilmenite and as corundum. Hematite and ilmenite form a complete solid solution at temperatures above 950°C. Hematite is a very common mineral, coloured black to steel or silver-gray, brown to reddish brown, or red. It is mined as the main ore of iron. Varieties include Bloodstone, Iron Rose, Kidney Ore, Martite, Paint Ore, Specularite (Specular Hematite), Rainbow Hematite and Titano-hematite. While the forms of hematite vary, they all have a rust-red streak. Hematite is harder than pure iron, but much more brittle. When shaped into ornaments, it is often called black diamond.

Ron
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-12-17 22:00, mrmagic0 wrote:
Most metal can be magnatized. I am assuming that the marbles I have are hematite and have been magnetized.

Thank you so much, Mr.Toast & MrMagic0, for the detailed information - Got it! Smile

MrMagic0, I like the Child's-Play products. I will be getting one soon - most probably CP-II.

With kind regards,

Narendra

Smile
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Narendra:

Thank you for the compliment on CP. We are very happy with the product.

Ron
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
I've been playing with Wiz for the last few weeks and really like it. What brought my attention to it was the possibilities of using it for 'HAND WASHING' rather than as a 'stand back and show your hands enpty' sort of device.

Put it on, load it up, then show the backs of your hands and hand wash as you show the front. It removes the 'quick jerky' movements and looks great. You can use it to handwash with a coin AND a silk. You can display really slowly in a way you just could not do with a TT. Load a silk and palm a coin. hand wash, produce the silk, hand wash again and use the silk to produce the coin.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Dominic, I do agree with you, the Wiz is very good, it is ufortunate that the video does not do justice, as the move is smooth, there is no need for the jerky move. It is fun to play, I use both hands rather than just the ring hand. I said earlier on that I produce live insects very close up where a TT just could not be worn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Wiz - Accessory for the Wizard PK Ring (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL