The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dean Dill's newest effect: "Dean's Triangle" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Dean Dill has a new effect that has killed lay and magician audiences alike.

It’s called “Dean’s Triangle” and the routine has slowly evolved over the past 3 years. It started as a coins through the table routine but today it’s so much more. Dean’s Triangle utilizes a beautiful prop, a custom precision coin gaff, and several secret (very clever and diabolical) new principals.

The basic routine is constructed in four phases. Each phase is more amazing than the last. The 4th phase is really an encore performance and a final convincer with lots of wallop. The magic is beautifully woven into the story of the Bermuda Triangle, a place where objects mysteriously disappear and pass into another dimension. It is highly visual and direct magic! In fact, in the final two coins appear to penetrate through clear Plexiglas. Words cannot describe how beautiful these penetrations are.

Dean has carefully choreographed every moment for maximum effect. He’s tested the routine with lay and magician audiences over hundreds of performances.

The prop itself is a true work of art. Custom made by Doug Malloy and Joe Porper, it has a triangular base and an elevated triangular table top supported by 2 chrome rods. Each triangle has a velvet surface and the two surfaces are aligned in a visually stunning design. The velvet table top is removed for the last two phases to reveal a clear Plexiglas surface. The table facilitates the magic, but does not appear to contain any trap doors or secret gaffs. For all practical purposes it is examinable and appears perfectly innocent.

I have had the privilege of watching Dean develop this routine, and today I own Dean’s Triangle. Much to my delight, when I perform this routine, people literally scream in amazement. It’s visual and impossible coin magic at it’s best.

Like all of Dean’s routines, it’s well thought out with many subtle convincers. You start the routine with 3 coins and cleanly end with three coins. Everything appears quite natural and above board with no fancy or suspicious moves. This is a beautiful piece of magic!

I know this sounds like a commercial but it’s not. Dean, forgive me, but I so excited and passionate about this new effect that I’m busting out to let everyone know about it. I’ve been chomping at the bit to talk about this for 3 long years. Now that it’s coming into limited production, I want everyone who’s serious about coin magic to see the Bermuda Triangle in action.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
This sounds like an expensive bit of kit, is there a link to the effect, when will it be available.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
No link yet, but here is Dean's site:

http://www.deandill.com/products_main.html
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-11-18 03:48, Daren wrote:
This sounds like an expensive bit of kit, is there a link to the effect, when will it be available.

I agree....especially when Porper was mentioned... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Where in Dean Dill's site? I cannot seem to find it
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I don't think it's advertised yet...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
DT1980
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of DT1980
I saw pieces of this routine two years ago at the LVMI. The routine is stunning.
It reminds me of one of David Roths classic showpieces. So beautifully contructed.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2006-11-18 07:06, joseph wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-11-18 03:48, Daren wrote:

I agree....especially when Porper was mentioned... Smile ..

that's what I thought too. probably again a beautiful truely magical trick which cannot be paid by normal people Smile
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Good... way too many many tricks in the hands of normal people already.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Porper's part was not expensive. Porper's billiard department made the cases. Porper has a huge business NOT RELATED to the magic part with sewing and fabricating departments.

The Triangle is a complete coin act and those that have seen and purchased it are more than delighted. It is diabolical in its methodology and truly magical.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
This should really be something to look out for. Some well respected names are behind this. I hope it comes before X-Mas (I haven't made my list out yet)!
DT1980
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of DT1980
This is probably the most magical effect I have seen during the last 3 years...No words can describe how good this looks.
jmcgrath
View Profile
Regular user
Tomorrow I'll make another
147 Posts

Profile of jmcgrath
I also had the pleasure of seeing Dean perform this in his shop a month or 2 ago. It is as good as everyone says and it will definitely be on my shopping list when it comes out.

John
John McGrath
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I'd like to hear more about this.

Is it okay for someone to describe the EFFECT? (no method stuff please)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I could describe the effects but I'm afraid that would really ruin it for those who have not yet seen it! I know Dean's working on a demo video. I don't want to be a tease, but this is really special. Let's see what Dean comes up with in the next few days.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Any idea of cost of this?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-11-22 00:38, Mediocre the Great wrote:
I could describe the effects but I'm afraid that would really ruin it for those who have not yet seen it! ...

You did that a while ago by gushing all over the place.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
kjenkings
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of kjenkings
This sounds very interesting, I haven't yet seen this paticular effect but I really enjoy Mr.Dills work he's got to be one of the most creative thinkers in magic today.

Cheers,

Kjenkings
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
LOL, Jonathan! Smile

Seriously, though, I too would like to know what the effect is.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Triangle= Bermuda triangle= things that disapear+ coins + Dean Dill + Porper =
Some incredible effect where coins disapear and than reappear in the Sahara desert 50 years later.

It's a coin time machine! (I'm I close?)
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dean Dill's newest effect: "Dean's Triangle" (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL