The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Dai Vernon's "Revelations" book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ES Andrews
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of ES Andrews
I have a copy of "Revelations" and I am thinking of selling it, but I have no idea idea how much to sell it for. I have seen prices quoted from anywhere from $200 to $1800. Can anyone suggest a realistic asking price for the book?
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
I got mine on Ebay for $110.00 about six months ago. The regular editions can go for up to $250.00 depending on how long it's been since one has shown up for sale.

The high priced offerings are the limited editions which had a lot of extra "stuff" included with them, and are becoming quite rare.
If they're not limited editions, they're a rip off over $250.00 and have likely been for sale for months or years. (there's a couple of these that show up on Abebooks every time you look)

I'll give you a tip though.......hang on to it.
There were only 2700 copies printed, which sets this up to become one very rare and desirsable edition.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There were 300 signed limited edition copies, which were also numbered and had a tipped-in photo of Vernon. The rest of them are the regular edition.

If yours is not the signed, numbered edition, something between $150 and $250 would probably be about right. If it is signed and numbered, and you still have the DJ, figure somewhere between $500 and $1000, depending on condition, of course.

The question of rarity and desirablitly in a magic book depends entirely upon its market.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
ES Andrews
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of ES Andrews
Thank you both very much for the advice. I might hold on to it for a while.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2006-11-18 20:22, Bill Palmer wrote:
There were 300 signed limited edition copies, which were also numbered and had a tipped-in photo of Vernon. The rest of them are the regular edition.

How many of those do you think were signed by PD as well, and by how much do you think that would affect the value?

Just for the historical record, I see that #215 of the 300 signed limited edition series is selling on Abebooks today for $875.

And I paid $250 for my own copy (#62 of the 300 signed limited edition series) on EBay, back in February of 2004.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Richard Hatch
View Profile
Regular user
Logan Utah
127 Posts

Profile of Richard Hatch
E. S. Andrews, if your goal in selling the book is to maximize the return on your investment, I suggest you sell it now before it gets reprinted, as that will almost certainly have a negative impact on all but the limited deluxe editions.
Richard Hatch
www.HatchAcademy.com
ES Andrews
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of ES Andrews
Richard, do you know if there is any plans for the book to be reprinted?

I have been trying to find out myself without any luck.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Mike Caveney has said he will be publishing a re-print sometime in 2007 which will feature photos of Vernon's own hands doing the the sleights in EATCT.

These photos were recently discovered. I don't know the whole story on where they came from, and how many moves are photographed.

I agree with Richard that the new edition will take a bit of the wind out of the high prices the first edition has been getting. (although that only matters if you plan on selling it!)

Vernon's signature on the 300 deluxe editions likely make them imune to any drop in price.
ES Andrews
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of ES Andrews
Thanks for the information silverking.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Quote:
On 2006-11-21 13:02, silverking wrote:
Mike Caveney has said he will be publishing a re-print sometime in 2007 which will feature photos of Vernon's own hands doing the the sleights in EATCT.

Yes!!! That's great news!
Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Dai Vernon's "Revelations" book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL