The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Amazing idea for 3 fly with a [ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lubdub
View Profile
Regular user
bloomsburg, pa
107 Posts

Profile of lubdub
For those of you that have the Sankey/sander session videos, Richard sander's has a very visual routine of producing 4 coins with a [. If you use that easy one step visual move for the 3 fly, you have a ton of possiblities. Vanishs, reappearences,...so go out and try it. I am working on a extreamly visual 3 fly. So what do you coin wokers think?
only a magician can play a liar but then all magicians are liars
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
I haven't seen the Sankey/ Sanders sessions, however the idea of using a shell with 3 fly is not something new. In fact a lot of routines have come about with that idea. For me the most visual is Gary Kurtz version. I have to say though learning the real workings of the finger tips across from JT was amazing.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
No idea what's on the Sankey/Sander sessions here. Would you elaborate about what you found that might be of use in a visual coins across?

* thanks sickmagic. If folks take the time to get even a one coin coin jump working, they may find the principles of more general use.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
lubdub
View Profile
Regular user
bloomsburg, pa
107 Posts

Profile of lubdub
In the video, Sanders teaches a one handed, simple,quick, and very visual move with no cover (at all) method for producing the coin under the shell as another coin appearing. Hope this helps,

lubdub

ps. John, your routines are amazing, at Bob Little's Super Sunday, this guy showed me some of your stuff. I have one word for you: AMAZING!.
only a magician can play a liar but then all magicians are liars
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Jay uses a similar idea in his Cartesian Coin Production. Richard Sanders' version has the luxury of not needing a table. This idea would be using the shell in the opposite way that it's not most commonly used.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Quote:
using the shell in the opposite way that it's not most commonly used

... let me try and get my head around that..... Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Like in the trick "Blasted!" where a half dollar appears next to an english penny under a glass? IE on the appearance side?
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
MAGIC published a sleight of mine back in the mid 90's called the One Handed De Shell. It is in essence what you seem to describe or desire for a 3FLY routine.

The Finger Tip De-Shell -FTDS (as I call it) is used to de shell at the finger tips of one hand while the coin is in the vertical, or being displayed as in a 3FLY. It's absolutely silent and can be done very swiftly.

I've been using it in my own version of finger tips coins across (3rd of 9) since 92. It can also be employed to take a coin from a purse or on the palm of the other hand while holding a coin. You would deshell in the purse or deshell on top of the coin in the other hand (and actually hitting it to add a 'sound' convincer) so that you can effectively then display 2 coins (the shell and now the deshelled coin) and now have a coin either in the purse or finger palmed as a holdout for future use.

peace, charlie
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Quote:
On 2006-11-20 11:14, rutabaga wrote:
Quote:
using the shell in the opposite way that it's not most commonly used

... let me try and get my head around that..... Smile

And that, my friends, is why you don't edit something without fully reading it before hitting Submit.

Let's fix that, the idea would be to use the Shell to make the coin appear rather than vanish.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Charlie can you kindly tell us the month it came out in Magic Magazine. Can we find it somewhere else just in case we could not find a copy of that issue. Or if we cannot order a back issue that long ago?

Thanks!

Rannie

P.S. There is only one deshelling move aside from the one I found out, out of neccesity. The other one was a thing I saw from Latta in LVMI I think.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Rannie,
It's in the March 98 issue. I sent it to Racherbaumer in 96 (in fact, the same time I sent him that other thing I PM'd you about) and was surprised when I saw it in his column. He didn't even give me a heads up that he was publishing it (lol).

The description and drawings of it aren't quite right. It's almost not possible to do it as written and drawn but I never said anything about it. I use it constantly for several things as it's a great utility move, but mostly for 3rd of 9 (my 3 coin routine) which he even mentions at the end of the article.

peace, charlie
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

You can find a fingertips nest/un-nest in Hoffmann's More Magic in the Multiplying Money item. It's used there to show one coin at the fingertips, have it become two and then back to one. Today's gaffed coins probably allow for 1->4 pretty safely.

You may also find it useful in context of "hanging coins" type routines.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Charlie,

The action that Sanders uses is actually quite different than your lovely move.

Please stop telling people about it. : )

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Any chance of a proper description of your move Charlie?

Having coins multiply at the fingertips like billards and candles is impressive visual magic.

I got as far as using simple inertia and relying on my fingertips being slightly moist. ( wet hands here ).
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-11-20 17:31, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Hi Charlie,

The action that Sanders uses is actually quite different than your lovely move.

Please stop telling people about it. : )

All the best,

Kranzo

Different move Nathan...not the same one you use in your coins across. This one is one has nothing but a shell in common with Stealth Dump.

peace, charlie
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Ahh my bad.

You mean the idea of using a pressure lift off? Think Daryl's Snowshoe Second Deal via coins/shell.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Hey Nathan,

Since you kinda let the cat outta the bag so to speak, any chance of your coins across routine using this or a similar move see the light of day?? Smile
Tony Chapparo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Amazing idea for 3 fly with a [ (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL