The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dark Museum - items for true bizarrists (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10586 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi all,

I finally took the plunge and ordered a bunch of wonderful objects from the master craftsman of dark designs, who calls himself in this temporal reality Doug Higley..... and YAY! They arrived yesterday! Theya re BEYOND my expectations...

I ordered the ear, digit and monkey paw - but also a shrunken head and the chup claw.... and am I glad no customs people opened the box to inspect them - I'd probably be in jail for the realistic look to these devilish props (and props is such a understatement - these are truly works of art!)...

They are magnificent... the photos of these on Doug's site do not do them justice... I thought I'd be getting tiny little claws and little head etc... these are whopper killer objects...i.e. big substantial objects with a good weight, feel, and grusomeness you can't appreciate until you have them in your hands... I still haven't shown them to my wife - in fact, I might never... these are THAT good...

The Chup claw is really really cool - it looks wickedly evil.. xenomorphic...truly sinister. So many uses for it...I plan to make it a seance rapper type thing ... ooo the mind goes wild! What sort of chup-like forces will be unleashed... claw marks appearing on skin showing initials of a dead person a spec thought of?...

The money's paw - of course the cursed 3 wishes story... this will be good.. a storyteller effect... imagine the burned alive son knocking on the door as the focus is on the monkey paw... the joy! Rappings, smells, etc. the paw as the central object... haahah!

The shrunken head - ahh... to speak to the other side... to draw the powers into a spec who will think the thoughts of a dead man from 3000 years ago... brilliant work.. love the nose... hee hee.....

The Ear - again, I think I posted this somewhere - but having a spec whisper info into it and the spirits reveal the info plus more... (Res. Dogs: Mr Blonde "Hello? Hello?").... in conjunction with an elec. bug in another room.. what fun.. and its nice and icky!

And the digit - the dead the thin shrivelled mummy ring finger of Nephren-Ka the Dark Pharaoh!!!

If I came up with these, I can hardly wait until Mr. Magus releases his book of bizarre ideas for the Museum....

The Higley artifacts are like the Maltese Falcon.. the stuff that dreams are made of..or more like Nightmares...

Oh yeah - all of these objects are making it into the Pawnshop book of Whitechapel of Roth's Homicide series...

And a GV of a chup beast....

And hohohohohoh.. so many thinks these Higley artifacts can do!

All the best and hail Higley!

Dr S
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
I am so glad to hear you are so happy....
I too took the plunge and the Master of Macabre is making some stuff up to fit my "pirate" theme....

I can hardly wait. But it is sure nice to hear that everyone who gets Doug's creations are wowed....
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
I've just recieved the stunning chimp paw Mr. Higley has crafted. The detail is extraordinary. The palm may be accurately read. The fingernails are haunting. If it were real, it would be a very very wrong thing. It will have a myriad of uses. I'm going to use it to take car keys away from drunk people over the holidays!

Thank you again, Doug, for all the care you put into this beauty as well as the excellent customer service I recieved in the process.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
688 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
Mr Higley's work is so good that there should be a forum on the Café soley dedicated to it.

Smile
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
My Walk-Around 'Dark Museum' is one of my most prized possessions. Those cannibal toes are awesome! And, as always, Doug went way beyond the call of duty in making sure I had a quality prop that fit my own particular back-story.

The only thing bigger than Doug Higley's talent will be Doug Higley's head after reading these comments. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1943 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I also another bizarrie who very happy with Drak Museum, I have the monkey paw,earn finger and shrunken head. These are really masterpiece.

CC
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
I know I must wait for Doug, the master craftsmen of Bizarre to make my pieces.... but the suspense is killing me....
Every rave review makes me just that much more anxious to get my hands on his masterpieces...

Yours Aye, the Seadawg
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Me, too, SeaDog. I'm waiting on a set from Doug and I'm really having a hard time waiting I'm so excited.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Bill your set ships tomorrow...tried for today but too much got in the way.

SeaDawg...you'll have to forgive me I'm old...but I lose track of who is who when the Café names are used...I put real names on my work board and then have a hell of a time figuring out who is who matching with Café Avatar names when somebody asks or comments on a time frame here on the Café...
I think your's will go out this coming Wednesday IF it's the special order I'm thinking it is I had a ship by Nov.30th under it for some reason.

I suppose I'll need to start using the nik names as well on the board (Even though I will HATE it! Smile ) but I recommend all who are waiting for Zibits and DMs to eMail me (No, I don't mind) and I can better let you know how the work load is affecting your set(s). Sometimes it's even fun! Numerous times I will get an eMail asking of the progress when I have shippd just prior that same hour or at least same day! (Psychics?)

Anyway...busy as 20 Elves here trying to do it all and keep the quality at my standards (which I will do always). Sometimes I'm late sometimes I'm early but I always try and make deadlines IF you tell me one.

Thanks for all the kind words above! You have no idea how great that is to hear.

Doug
Higley's Doug's Museum
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Doug, yes I am the guy with the need for the 30th ship date....

And I am sitting on pins and needles waiting.... every rave review makes it that much harder to wait.

Yours aye...
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I think you're going to like it....it'll look good on you! arrrrg
Higley's Doug's Museum
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Doug, if the photos are even close.... the pictures of your work is amazing.

Down the road, I may have to talk to you about a "custom" skull...
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Something NEW and 'Sea Dawg-ish' on the site. Everybody should check it out that needs costume enhancement along with a DM. Pirate or Adventurer or the ultimate in Bizarrist 'couture'. It's The Master Set.

Back to the bench...
Higley's Doug's Museum
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1346 Posts

Profile of handa
I was hoping that it was going to be a suitably-dead parrot :-(

Not that the Master Set doesn't look cool...;-)

Chris
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Well...a dead Parrot can be found at any Mall. Smile

This is obviously for a very specialized person. I've been wanting to do an over the top costume enhancement Pirate or Indiana Jones kind of piece for a long time. I thank Sea Dawg for ordering one! I never make anything as you know unless it's been ordered or commisioned*...I've got a list of things I'd love to tackle some day but the rent will have to be paid for a decade ahead before I can have that much fun. Smile

*Why don't I? Many many years ago I used to paint. I did paintings I liked. I sold only the ones other people liked and asked me to do for them...like Bar Room Nudes and Clowns. I had a bunch of really cool abstracts and Impressionistic canvases just stacked. I tossed them one day and made a promise...to do what people wanted. That was the big change to actually selling 100% of everything I did, which is nice.
Higley's Doug's Museum
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Doug, I am most pleased to be awarded such an august honour in your "Hall of Fame". I cannot wait for the darn postman to do his thing.

For those who wish to see what I am so excited about...

http://www.grindshow.com/GrindShow/Master_Set.html
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
I just got my chup claw today...wow! What an amazing piece of work! I can't wait to add it to the Museum. I think I may replace the ear with it and see how it goes.

I'm slightly concerned...tomorrow I'm flying and I'm worried that they won't let me bring the museum on board...especially the chup claw. They are so well made that I am going to have some 'splaining to do.
Scott
Magic in the Shadows
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
Well, they wouldn't let me bring the chup claw on board---aside from the very frightened look on the security person's face, they said it was too sharp...it could be used as a weapon. so somewhere, in someone's mind, there is some terrorist who has been just waiting to use one of Doug's chup claws as a weapon...can you see that happening? yeah, me either! only in our United States, lol.
Magic in the Shadows
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
That's a first! Geez.

You could have got some press out of that 'incident'!

:)
Higley's Doug's Museum
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Well, now I feel safe! No chup claws in the skies! What a relief.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dark Museum - items for true bizarrists (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL