The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dark Museum - items for true bizarrists (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"Oh, I am waiting and waiting - and I guess Doug hasn't even started making my set."

Thanks my friend! But this one goes in my book as an ultimate case of anticipation syndrom...I just got the PayPal 37 minutes ago! haha. Ark you are choice. (not a bad thing Smile )

Made my day alrady with a big smile and it's only 6:45 am. Thank you! Smile Smile
Higley's Doug's Museum
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
863 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Well, cant help myself. Glad I made you laugh. Smile

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Hey, Doug,

SeaDawg's post in this thread (27 November)contains a URL that leads to one of your master sets made more fabulous by the inclusion of two (count'em) leather chords. Having read much of your penchant for going the extra distance, I must ask if either of them is the famous "lost" chord.

In awe,

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
I am, not so patiently, awaiting the arrival of dougs miracles. He shipped them but my fear is that some over zealous customs officer has opened the package and now the local tactical response team has been alerted to take down the "neighbourhood Freak" who would order such things....

Hold on... someone's at the door....
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
I am really anticipating mine, it is soon to be done. I am about to explode. Smile
;)
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10586 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey Doug -

Cool update to your site Doug - love the poster!

I just noticed you make pygmie mummies!!!! Cool!

Could you make a young version of the Incan Rascar Capac mummy???? I am planning to do a grand rounds on mummies and addiction in the near future - this would be cool.... (I was going to use a shrunken head... but having Rascar will be much better) (No rush - I am aiming for next Halloween - the only time my academic insitution lets me get away with my extra-wild presentations)

(Who here used to read Tintin? This mummified fiend was a favourite of mine)

http://tintinesque.com/archives/2004_07.html

Dr S

Click here to view attached image.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
You are never gonna beklieve what happened....
I went to the post office to pick up my "Higley" package. I coldnt contain myself and said to the lady,,, " I am sure glad nobody opened this"... She says "what do you mean?" I said ..."what would you think if you opened the package and found this?" I then pulled out the Dark Museum. The look of horror was incredible and she went and got her supervisor who could not beleive what was now in my possesion. Her next comments were "Please get those out of here..."

Incredible.

Doug I am so happy. I cant wait for my next order....
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4188 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2006-12-07 13:00, Dr Spektor wrote:

(Who here used to read Tintin? This mummified fiend was a favourite of mine)

Dr S

I read that Tintin! I remember that mummy fiend!
Wow...look how angry Snowy looks in that picture...or hungry?

Oh and Congrats on the new booty SeaDawg! I'm certain you will shiver others timbers now!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Sea Dawg you are a dawg to be sure. Can't believe you did that. You may have set your self up for future 'openings' though. Glad you liked it all!

Yes Dr Spector I can. Not a challange...well...it is...but not an insurmountable one...a fun one. EMail me.

For those waiting for stuff...slight delays as I arttemp to get out for deadlines a couple of very difficult Zibits. Your stuff will along shortly. The one man shop syndrom bites me in the ass rather often these days. Smile

D
Higley's Doug's Museum
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Hey Doug!
In the midst of all of that business, don't forget to take a break for a cup of coffe or tea every now and then!(What does a felow like yourself drink anyways? From the nature of some of your creations, I'd say Absinthe...) Whatever it is, take a moment to enjoy some. I know how much work you put into those things, you deserve it.

Sea Dawg- That is awesome! The sort of moment I live for!

Dr. Spektor- Cool mummy! It is going to look Sweet!
Gwyd
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Well, I told my kids that I wanted a Zibit for Christmas, they looked at me as if I had 2 heads, not even shrunken heads. Spektor is lucky!

I want my mummy! Smile

Tony
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
SeaDawg, ROTFLMAO!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Gwyd: I take far too many breaks me thinks. trying to cut down.

Drink: Tetley Decaff Tea couple of times a week.
Daily: 1 pot of Folgers Decaff Classic (Decaf you see allows for Water intake to be counted.) Maybe at night will have a special grind of 100% Kona reg caffinated.

Daily 2 or 3 per day: Diet Coke Cherry or Cherry Vanilla

At night maybe once a month if I feel like falling asleep in the chair: An Evan Williams Kentucky Straight Bourbon on rocks with a splash of Diet 7-Up. (Just one. Large.) or it might be Sousa Tequila Gold or Myers Dark Rum with OJ/rocks. (large) or very occasionaly the Wife makes me a Tequilla Sunrise.

30x per year (well spread out) a can of Milwaukies Best. One 30 can case lasts Super Bowl to Super Bowl (sometimes 2 years!)

That's it. No more questions. You now know everything.
Higley's Doug's Museum
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
830 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Tony, I put DM on my Christmas list and no one seemed the least bit surprised. Smile
Somehow I don't think I am going to find it under the tree though. *sigh*

Dave
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Folks,
I have had a little more time to study my Dark Museum Master Set. As you know from my previous post, thier unveiling/christening into this world had the bizarre "effects" reaction that I was hoping for. I then brought them hame and unfortunately was tied up last night.

This morning I found myself drawn to the items, and even though I know whenst they came from and who created them, the sense of eerieness that acompanies these is overwhelming. I have found my mind going full speed into "imagination" mode.

The "Dark Museum" routine is wonderfully deceptive and the stunning visual power of the props will keep the mind of the participants active. They are drawn to the props and not drifting to how did he do that mentality. In fact my little "piratical" senses are tingling.

For those of you familiar with Leslie Melvilles Kismet routine in Magictales, could you imagine having 4 of Dougs pieces, as the choices besides the Treasure in the Treasure of tortuga? With appropriate scripting to match the "pieces" you could turn this into an absolutely show stopping piece of business especially for a teenagers party...

What say you my bizare brethren? Rise up and pay homage to Master Doug, creator of things macabre and wonderful. Now I just need to convince my wife that we need a shrunken head, a chup claw and a couple of Zibits....
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1346 Posts

Profile of handa
Quote:
What say you my bizare brethren? Rise up and pay homage to Master Doug, creator of things macabre and wonderful.

Coming very soon, to a bookshelf near you...
lejon
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of lejon
Can I dare a drawback without being lynched by the crowd???

I must admit I am pretty confused by the website.

I would love to aquire something but I am stiull not sure what cos I am still not sure what is available, the MANY different options to one same concept....
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Lejon, the crowd will not lynch you if you wish to purchse something. doug has a lot of options and since he does a lot of one of a kind stuff it is hard to price. I would send doug an email, outlining your performance style and what you envision doing. Then let the ball roll and trust the process.,...
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Lejon...be not wary...I'll cut the rope just in time.

If you go to the Dark Museum page you will see various configurations. The basic and most popular is the ETMP. Ear/Toe/Monkey Paw.

Others are merely variations on the theme depending on whatever customization you prefer to any given set. Most of those are personifications of personal requests from buyers. For example the huge set required by Sea Dawg. I put it there in case anyone else was looking for something like it for their costuming enhancement. It is still the basic 3 object ETMP with a boat load of extra pieces to hang on yer carcas. Sea Dawg has developed a routine using 5 pieces however which I believe just got accepted for the book by Jim Magus! (The book I know nothing about till it comes out so don't ask.)

Recommendation: ETMP. Fits just about any persona from Bizarre to Adventure to Kids performer. I put a lot of info on my sites mainly because the folks interested in this stuff want to know EVERYTHING. So, it's not your usual single paragraph description and a bogus photo. Maybe you have to work at it a bit but it's all there.

Thanks
Doug
Higley's Doug's Museum
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1025 Posts

Profile of reese
I have a few special pieces Doug created... recently a celebrity viewed the minature aquatic elephant he made for me... "did it swim by flapping it's ears?" Other such questions followed... to be honest, I was flabbergasted. Everything I said in reply was eaten up with a spoon. Who woulda thought, I mean... it's such a whimsical piece. (please excuse me if I don't identify the celeb; he's too well known and I don't wish public humiliation for him)

Just to say... I'm surprised. I mean...I've got the manner and demeanor (and age) to sell the illusion of a minature aquatic pachyderm, and Higley has supplied the item, but... I never knew it would play in such a way.

It's kind of bizarre.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dark Museum - items for true bizarrists (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL