The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Booking me! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

junior_way
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of junior_way
My name is Vlad, I'm from Romania, I do magic for 4 years, now I'm exclusively mentalist. I can count my shows. One at a hospital Café for the Christmas (charity), One at a bar (no money), one for a private party (charity), one last week at a Café (charity) and that's all I've done that I can say is an official performance.
I'm good, and soon I will have my own mentalism TV show here in Romania. But the money doesn't come from there. I need more performances. Romania has not seen to many magicians and they where lame. I need an advice please:
1. How can I get more paid performances. I'm interested in corporate events, high schools and private parties! How do I get them to know that I exist and I'm good.
2. What advice can you give me about booking agents?
Thanks!

P.S.: Sorry for my English.
PS: sorry for my english
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
The TV shows should add to your exposure, from this and your other free performances people will decide if they like you, and if they like you enough to hire you and pay you to be at their event.
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I would say performing naked might help.

J ack

Chicks dig that.
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Might work down here in Florida...In fact that's a novel Idea! :0
Just Wait!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Have the Naked Fez guy for you next party!

Yep I can see it on adds in the papper.

J ack
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Lucia says back in your box, Slim, back at you.

I bet you pm'd junior_way sincere and helpful advice, too, didn't you?

Jack, you could help revive Corona's Comedy Challenge if you dared.

Ellen
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
How to get publicity and book more shows? I guess you could challenge Randi, lol...
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Slim is...Back In Box! Smile And still in the closet Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Slim, I was extra sensitive because I believe in omens and I saw a strange movie last night about tarot, tornados and Roma people from Romania.

Ellen
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Scott,

Randi in a closet or box?

I am not sure and I can not remember thinking or hearing of any one thinking Randi was ever in a box.

Oh sorry Slim is in the closet unless I am misstaken or are they both?

Slim must make all of this clear.
American slang can be a bit of a puzzel even for me.

J ack
junior_way
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of junior_way
Ok! THANKS for your not helping posts here! Can I get a real advice now, pls?
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
Get publicity.

If you're truly going to have your own series (get it in writing - having lunch with a few producers doesn't count, ideas often get stuck in development hell), arrange with the network to make guest appearances in other shows they produce. If you're serious about this, consult with a PR agent (the network can probably recommend one.) Write and distribute press releases (and do stuff that's worthy of a press release.) Be visible on tv, on the radio, on the web. In the end, clients will seek you out for your reputation and personality, not your effects. Make sure these two things are well-known.

Even if it means performing naked and getting chicks.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
What's in your show, junior_way?

Word of mouth is often a good way of getting free publicity and bookings.
Do a GOOD show, hand out business cards... etc.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
junior_way
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of junior_way
10x! But until I will have the show on air I have to begin doing some shows. How can I get to do corporate events, thet would be verry great for me. I know that after I go on tv people would want me but what do I do before this?
THANKS!
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Vlad, as in Dracula?
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2006-11-18 18:16, junior_way wrote:
1.How can I get more payed performances. I'm interested in corporate events, high scools and private partys! How do I get them to know that I exist and I'm good.

2.What advice can you give me about booking agents?

Head over to http://www.ianrowland.com and order Drew McAdams'book "Making Money from Magic", it's an excellent "How to" book, dealing exclusively with mentalism, and should be of great help to you.

Get a demo dvd/video tape of your show and use that as a "teaser" to send to booking agents, as well as potential clients, pictures seem to speak louder than words and it'll give them something to look at in determining whether or not to use you.

You could always invite the prospective agent to a show of yours also.

Hope this helps.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
Read books on marketing by Jay Conrad Levinson. His Guerilla marketing series is tops.

Julian
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-11-18 18:16, junior_way wrote:... I need more performances. Romania has not seen to many magicians and they where lame. I need an advice pls:
1.How can I get more payed performances. ...

Search internet (google) for MARKETING how-to.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Booking me! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL