The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..23~24~25 [Next]
basic_mystifier
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of basic_mystifier
Deck of Bicycles and a half dollar
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
265 Posts

Profile of tstark
Change and rubber bands are my choice. There is so much that can be done with the coins and CMH is still one of the most startling effects. If I am at a restaurant toothpicks are easy to get a hold of for a penetration effect (ordinarily done with two matchsticks).
John J Walton
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of John J Walton
I am not to good with coins and cards yet so I carry a few small props in a fanny pack around work. I switch up from time to time but I usually carry the Haunted Key, some type of small paddle trick/Hot Rod, Pentro Penny, Matchless Matchboxes, Floating Match on a Card (in a plastic case so it doesn't bend), Diminishing Die. I am considering a TT and silk as soon as I get a little more practice with it and the You Do The Math card trick (again in a plastic Case) along with the Destination Unknown trick.
I also carry the old 2 one dollar bills to 1 two dollar bill trick in my wallet. Gotten good responses on it. Especially when it appears you just grab dollar bills from your wallet.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Stealth assisan wallet
Directors cut
Coinvexed
Twitter @darjames
MikeyM71
View Profile
Regular user
Chesapeake, OH
153 Posts

Profile of MikeyM71
I used to stuff my pockets, but now I travel really light.

I usually carry a TT, a deck of cards, and some coins.
<BR>Mikey M.
MikeOB
View Profile
Regular user
Doylestown, PA
180 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
Directors Cut
Magnum wallet with Sanctum 2 and Kioku
Destination Unknown
Movietime
Deck of Cards
RealityIsDeception
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of RealityIsDeception
The stealth assasin wallet, a sharpie, and a deck of cards......You could create a lot of miracles with that.
lewisswiresmagic
View Profile
New user
London
35 Posts

Profile of lewisswiresmagic
Always a deck of Ghosts or Red bikes, a thumb tip somewhere (they seem to be in most of my jackets anyway) a sharpie, sometimes have either the raven, bat or gekko set up, elastic bands, a few coins, a paperclip and if I'm going to the pub or something I might be as bold as to take an invisible deck matching my standard deck.
Lbuford
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
157 Posts

Profile of Lbuford
I always carry a deck of cards, 2 rubberbands, my own special "mind reading" cards, 12 small cards numbered 1-12 for the clock trick, Die Cipher II, 3 symbol cards, the WOW! gimmick sleeve, 2 cards with 4x4 blank squares to do a sudoku-shocker magic square and a Sharpie.
Loreen

"Hindsight corrects the mistakes that foresight could have prevented"
passerby
View Profile
New user
The Midwest
5 Posts

Profile of passerby
I usually don't carry much besides a deck of cards, but only if I feel like doing magic. I don't mind turning people down, it only makes them value the performance a little more when I actually do something since I'm an amateur and only perform for friends and family.

If I do have a supplement for my RD, it's normally because I want a finisher to shut the younger ones up after the first trick (they get so annoying). Anyone else, RD effects and changes are usually enough. If I do supplement, it's a variety of things so I can keep it interesting. This includes TT, IT, HC, ID, AD, SD, TWM, GB, and any other miscellaneous props or gimmicks I've collected over the years.
"My theory is that style is defined largely by what you can’t do" - Jerry Garcia
mike256
View Profile
New user
Oregon
23 Posts

Profile of mike256
I always have my sponge balls with me. If I'm not showing them, I'm practicing or just working on palming etc. . . a deck of cards or 2, my bunnies, profs nightmare, a few coins quarters or half dollars. I just made up a multiplying bill to carry with me. purse frame for sponge balls. and a hankey. some times I really load up and put stuff in my coat pockets too Smile I try and practice everywhere I go.
Bendy
View Profile
Elite user
Winter Garden, Florida
491 Posts

Profile of Bendy
I ALWAYS carry a TT with me. Always. The only time you'll find me outside the house without one is when I'm mowing the yard. Lots of possible "impromptu" possibilities with a TT. On my key ring, I often have "Departure," and I ALWAYS have "FreaKey." There is almost always some type of paddle trick on me (like the No. 2 Pencil, a Hot Knife, a Precision Magic Hot Rod or the Amazing Jumping Arrow). I also am in the habit of taking "Holy Moly" with me wherever I go.

In the glove box of the car, there's always one TT, one Hot Rod, a 9" silk, a regular deck of cards and an Invisible Deck. So if I'm driving my car or have quick access to my car, I've got something available.
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
I always have Stealth Assassin, ESPerfect, a deck of cards, and Tarantula on me. Smile
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
I always carry 4 halfs and a silver eagle for practice when I'm waiting somewhere.
Evenings out are with 2 IT rigs and a thin vintage cigarette case full of packet tricks, monte, Cardini's card guillotine, etc. and a mis-made bill.

Usually I just float something quietly to see who pays attention. If I get a bite, I continue. If the crowd builds, I go out to the car and load up.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Also, I don't have any misgivings about testing new routines. It helps to see the reactions, even if its not perfect yet. If something goes wrong, good, then I have to bail myself out of it.
Oh look, my shirt's on fire.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
842 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
I always carry a small stack of billets in a bulldog clip, a collapsable pen (to fit comfortably in my pocket) & a Swami Gimmick.
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
AdamB
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of AdamB
I'm amazed some of you guys carry so much.

Anything more than a couple regular coins, and a deck of cards if I have my backpack with me, is too much.
chris young
View Profile
New user
Greatstone, Kent, England
12 Posts

Profile of chris young
I just carry deck of cards, thumb tip, invisable tread reel and long piece of rope. I usually get 45 mins of magic to get business and impress.
MattMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Erie, CO
190 Posts

Profile of MattMagician
Deck of cards, a sharpie, and a stack of business cards prepared for an Out to Lunch routine I created. It's great because they end with a very magical, memorable business card, and it's an instant reset!!
Matt Simonsen
punx469
View Profile
New user
New England
46 Posts

Profile of punx469
3 Sponge balls, TT, Ring Flight, and a deck of Bike's and The Shark gimmick right now. And a few coin in the pocket
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL