The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..23~24~25 [Next]
scarylarry
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of scarylarry
Generally on any given day I carry a deck of cards, invisible deck, extreme burn, underground bill, some rubberbands on my wrist and my iphone (which has several of the best iphone tricks anywhere that aren't even on the market yet)
But in my car is usually one of my magic cases....just in case Smile
idomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
255 Posts

Profile of idomagic
Usually nothing, if I can't do something with something impromptu, then I don't force it. If I am headed to a party or somewhere I know I'll get put on the spot... I toss a thumbtip, a white silk and a stripper deck in my pocket.
Chad Wonder (Chad Wonder Magic, Inc)
Past President SAM 37/IBM 131 (Mile High Magicians)
www.idomagic.com
www.iDOMAGIC.dev
NickDiffatte
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of NickDiffatte
A zig-zag and sometimes a sub trunk. just kidding
griffindance
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of griffindance
Im normally a KISS (*eep *t *imple *tupid) kinda guy. One packet of Phoenix cards is always in a jacket pocket or a bag. Ditched my Bikes and Bees in favour of the Birds. Although this and the €2 coins are mainly for my benefit if I have a break at work.
Lately Ive been feeling a bit weird tho... IT and wax! Not the simplest and not exactly impromptu, but its not been going that badly.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley

• Deck of cards (regular but Si Stebbins stacked, plus a different colored Joker)
  • Scotch & Soda (plus a couple spare halfs)
  • T***b T*p
  • PK Ring (plus a vial of tiny Neodymiums on my key ring)
  • Frixion cartridge (inside a Pilot G2 body)
  • Business cards for (my version of) "Out to Lunch"
  • Blank business cards for Annemann’s “Psychic Writing”
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Quote:
On 2003-01-01 15:23, marko wrote:
I used to never be without a deck of cards in my pocket. But I'm sane now.

Amen to that for a while I had the shape of the deck in my jeans.
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Depends on wheather I want to carlessly grab things that I can do eaisily, do high impact, or experiment with new material. Typically though cards and or sponge balls, possible coins, string and ring, and imagination can sometimes be your best freind. Especially when you have a note book of paper. Paper balls over the head, stand along retention vanish just to shut em up, torn and restored paper, center tear effects, hell tear, ect. I once did a kick butt coin trick by acccident. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=66
Jeremy Gates
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Quote:
On 2007-03-19 12:01, Yellowcustard wrote:
Great reading what you all carry heres my list for what to carry. I beef it up if I know iam going to be in a large group of pepole.

I always carry my magus capsule which also help to carry thumb tip and two razor edge dice.

somtimes I carry......

Flash paper in a small mint tin and a hanky and 3 ring circus.

in my bag is equal ropes and a ring for ring and rope.

a boxs of matchs.

Souce stuff at venue ......

2 grapes and old coffe mug = chop cup routine final load any thing big.

Travel cards and rail tickets are good for useing to cover coins in a coin matrixs also mark them up to use in a 3 card monti.

I just keep looking for stuf at venues.

if any set up or riging is neede go for a poo.

With above stuff I do a pile of tricks. in this situation keep it simple keep it short and let them ask fo more leave for a bit then do more your also find ther like a chat as well so slow down. The other week I went to a bar to see a friend that had been a wawy for a while his whole faimly rocked up I did a bit of table hoping for a hour then done a big prestion of notey not as a final trick then sucked up free drinks as payment..

Keep going pepole

How things change. This list below all fits in a small pocket in my wallet which is designed to hold loses change. There’s a whole host of stuff I can with this as well.

4 Aces.
4 Coins (I use old English pennies)
Chadwick’s mending cotton.
Elastic bands and stargazer gaff.
Power ball 60.

Add a deck of cards and a Hanky I am not just doing drinks for mates I am earning out of it. Don’t mean to sound cocky but its great to chart progress and it is partly thanks to the Café and all that are part of it.

The thing that as developed the most is rather than just tricks I have routines. I have 2 full 3 trick routines with this stuff as well as third almost. Then a few more bits as well. Rather than just tricks I have routines. Also Just as a presenter I am a lot more relaxed and calm.

So once again thank you all.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
adamferrucci
View Profile
Regular user
Newfield, NJ
169 Posts

Profile of adamferrucci
When I'm at work I usually have a TT and a MMB on me. I also keep a deck of cards in the office just in case. Slow days at work mean I get to practice with cards alot. When I go out at night it usually depends on what I'm wearing. If I'm wearing cargo shorts I'll be loaded up with stuff. Sponge balls, a few decks of cards, Hopping Half, Scotch and Soda, Lethal Tender, Himber Wallet for an effect that I just learned, TT w/ MMB and sometimes I'll carry money streamers.
Making Birthdays Magical!
www.adamferrucci.com

www.adamsmagicstore.com
Bryan Smith
View Profile
New user
Korea
99 Posts

Profile of Bryan Smith
I almost always have a regular deck of cards and there are infinite possibilities there. In addition I will often have TT, pen through bill, and coin shell at any given time just in case.
"I'm half drunk most the time
and I'm all drunk the rest"
--Tom Waits
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I carry a little something with me that I shall not reveal just yet. I'm coming out with a brand new effect next month (see my Mental Prediction post in Penny For Your Thoughts), and once it is out, I shall share with a select few. This allows you to predict the "thought of" number of a spectator without any fishing.

In terms of other things, I usually carry a deck of cards.

Regards,
Mike
Mad Mage
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Mad Mage
I've changed up a little.

COINS
Mostly coins particularly 4 quarters for Wilson's "3/4 Across," coin matrix with bills or business cards, and various other coin effects. A dime and two matching pennies for Wilson's "A questionable trick."

CARDS
A Deck of cards, Though it can be cumbersome without a jacket or shirt pocket.

PK Ring
Wizard Ring that matches my wedding band with a few sm magnets.

LOOPS/ITR
Loops wrapped on a poker instruction card in my deck of cards.

BILLS
Extreme Burn and other effects.

TT
A TT wrapped in a sm silk to keep it clean.

THREE RING CIRCUS
Mike Davenport
View Profile
New user
Charlotte, NC
27 Posts

Profile of Mike Davenport
Deck of cards (Bikes)

PK Ring

A quarter or two (usually folding and steel core)

If I'm feeling really magical when I put my shoes on I put my TT in my pocket. I keep one in my sock drawer. Is that weird?

that's pretty much everywhere I go. My wife doesn't like that I wear my PK ring instead of my real wedding ring a lot. She has threatened several times to throw it away.
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
Pen and post it notes.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
A deck of cards (regular) and a couple half dollars. But also try to be prepared for borrowed objects or those that might be around -- salt shaker, four peanuts (or rocks or what ever).

cups and balls with coffee cups and kumquats (great idea from M. Ammar!) -- what a reaction that got!
superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
133 Posts

Profile of superpixel
Four quarters, one sharpie, one "twisted pen" and Lubor's lens in my wallet. A deck of Bicycle cards with a double-back, Twilight Angels and Grow gimmicks. Rubber bands on my wrist. iPhone with a few utility apps. Sometimes 2 or 3 more items from True Astonishment... and MagiCard. If I'm feeling frisky I'll pack an Altoid tin with a TT, penny & dime, cig through quarter and some wax and an ITR.
-- superpixels / victor / banana wizard --
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Normal deck of cards, sponges, iPhone with tricks, Multidimentional, Probe, sometimes electric touch, small mental wallet, purse with coins- with electronic I feel like James Bond:-)
shaneking
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of shaneking
With just a pen and paper you can do the magic square. Harry Lorrayne does a magnificent routine of it on youtube here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeaTzZO8jTU
If you're not looking for it you won't find it!
Www.shanekingmagic.com
Sydney, Australia
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
With mentalism, you have to carry nothing sometimes.

Regards,
Mike
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
If I plan on doing random acts of magic I will carry any number of things, however if someone ask me to show them a trick I usually try to borrow something from them or pick something up for what's around. I am always on the lookout for rubberbands, paper clips, bic pens, I love getting change, there are great things that you can do with a spare quarter or a dime and two pennies. My favorite impromptu vanish uses a handful of change and a sucker.
Weird is part of the job.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL