The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..23~24~25 [Next]
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
I almost always have four half dollars and *****. If not, though, I ALWAYS have my wedding ring. It can be a great impromptu weapon.

A favorite impromptu routine that I perform, is Dean Dill's "No Extras". It's a bare handed matrix with four borrowed objects.

When a potential audience prods me enough, I will even ask for a shoelace for Ring and String. Hey, if I'm not being paid and they are insisting on some magic, then they need to sacrifice a little.

Other than coins, I really don't want to look like I'm carrying. Along the same lines, I NEVER offer to do magic. I've got to be asked, and sometimes asked again. I just think it's a bit geeky to walk up to people and say, "Hey look at this." Also, by seeming a bit reluctant, the magic is much more powerful.

Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
Robert52
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Robert52
I used to carry all sorts of things, now I'm down to a TT four halfs and four English pennies, sometimes a couple of rubber bands. That seems to get me through the day.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Deck of Tally-Ho Cards, three U.S. half dollars and three English Pennies in a coin purse.
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
I always carry a TT to do Kevin King's Money Morph.

I also use coins. That's it!

Smile
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
Rubberbands for CHM and pinnacle. Also some halves and English pennies.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
I usually always have a TT with a streamer in it. I put one of Jeff Scanlon's thimbles in that to keep it "shaped" and ready, otherwise the streamer may appear along with carkeys, etc.

I am also fond of hanging Jeff McBride's "Ritual of Liberation" cord off a beltloop. This is an invitation to someone to ask, "What the bead-thing for?" Consequently, if I don't necessarily want to be asked to do something I won't wear this item!

If dressed in a vest or coat I have Kevin James' vanishing magic marker ready. You can find this on his video or notes for the coin in Perrier bottle routine. It sure fire-visual and a major reaction getter. And, if you suspect the presence of cards where you are going to be, the Kundalini Rising is very handy indeed.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
cubreporter
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
68 Posts

Profile of cubreporter
Business cards for design duplication, three small manila envelopes, one with Shaxton flap. Miracles, wonderment, and awe.
I am whatever I am to you.
juan
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
177 Posts

Profile of juan
-two coins
-bands to CMH
-bills to do beswitched
Luis Sirgado
View Profile
New user
Portugal
90 Posts

Profile of Luis Sirgado
I always carry rubberbands to CMH and sometimes I have a TT or a deck of cards.

Smile
"One of the greatest accomplishments of magicians in the last century is the ability to take something inherently profound and render it trivial."

-Max Maven-
WandSpin
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of WandSpin
For me, I don't leave the house without:
  1. Cards
  2. TT and a mismade bill ($10)
  3. Coper/silver/brass
  4. Sponge balls
I can do a 20-minute show in a mall, or parking lot and then hand out my business cards.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24052 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Sponge Bunnies
Cigarette thru Quarter
CSB
Magnetic Silver Copper
Pen Thru Anything

Can't leave home without them.
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
I don't use gimmicks. Well at least not "traditionally" I carry a deck of cards. Bicycle works best (beware of fake cards, mate!).

And some regular coins. I do French drops, finger palm vanishes, back clips and some "devious" maneuvers using the classic palm that fool even those who know the concept of "visual retentions"...All credit goes to some old man who taught me his ingenious routines.

Smile

I'm David Le by the way.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3589 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Aside from all the other junk I noted on my earlier post, I recently added Nathan Kranzo's Stone Purse to my pocket arsenal.

WHAT a killer finish to a coin routine! And it works for Williamson's striking vanish copper/silver routine, too!

Also, in my back pocket, I carry a Valentine Blindfold sometimes, for when I know I'm going to be somewhere that I might have to drive... !

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2835 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Lee,

I'm glad you like the Stoned Purse! One of my handmade effects is always in your back pocket. That's cool!

Later,
Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1040 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
I change things up a bit from time to time but I rarely leave home without:
  • Sticky Situation (this trick floors people)

• Two TTs, one for appearing, color changing, disappearing silk, and anything else that comes to mind. The other for a lighted match.

• Two identical rings

• Some change
Smile
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
DarryltheWizard
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of DarryltheWizard
I carry the Bank of Denmark credit card. It's a mental prediction effect. I also carry a TT with a streamer. I produce the streamer (rainbow). Touch the rainbow and your wish will come true.

"That's a strange wish to have your name on my credit card."

I then show them the credit card with "your name" at the bottom.

Darryl the Wizard Smile
DarryltheWizard
"Life without mystery is like a candle
with a snuffed out flame." Albert Einstein
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
I have a trick called Ex-Girlfriend Prediction. I carry the four cards and the envelope using the prediction.

How do I do it???

Let's just say the answer is ridiculously simple and Max Maven does it for his MINE—YOUR trick. Smile That's something I haven't done yet but WILL do eventually so along with my deck, sponge balls and coins, I might carry that too. Smile
Illusions4Life
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
128 Posts

Profile of Illusions4Life
I always have Psychic Vision, two half dollars, and a shoestring to do my ring on string routine. Occasionally a deck of cards but not too often.
future4told
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of future4told
I used to be packing from head to toe but thanks to Gregory Wilson's On the Spot video I pack a lot lighter! I always have:
  • Three quarters
  • Two pennies
  • One dime
  • One nickel
In my wallet I carry:
  • $1 dollar bill and gaffed $5
  • Business Card with Kentonism/Numerology on Back
  • $1/$5 Gaff Corners for Torn and Restored Bills
  • $1,000,000 Bill
If I know I'll be doing some type of informal performing I'll have:
  • One deck set up for Chicago Opener/RedHot Mama
  • One Deck in Aronson Stack for Any Card at Any Number
  • TT with MisMade Bill
  • and sometimes The Raven!
I highly recommend Gregory Wilson's On the Spot video as well as Michel Weber's Lifesavers Book. If it's not a paying gig, believe me, the more impromptu the bigger it plays!

Dave Schutt
Charlotte, NC
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
For myself I like to carry things on me that I would possibly use in my everyday life. I like my magic to look very impromptu, and also spur of the moment type stuff. One item is my Time Machine Watch. I usually also have a deck of cards on me, TT loaded for the bill switch, Perfect Pen Thru Anything and some coins. And for me that is usually enough for a good little performance. Smile
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL