The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The spectator is the mentalist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
junior_way
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of junior_way
I always liked the idea of making the spectator read someone else's mind. That's beautiful. Derren Brown did something like this in his series. Is there any method without stooging? Is there any impromptu method? I have my version when the spectator reads another spectators two digit number. I would like to hear something from you.
Thanks!
PS: sorry for my english
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
There is a wealth of information out there about this, you just have to know what to look for. The DR principle is a very good way to start. Check out "Wonder Words" by Kenton Knepper for more info and to learn the proper linguistics to pull off a good DR effect.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Or you could let the entire audeance do it with this.

Click here to view attached image.
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
There is a way the spectators calls out black or red cards throughout half a deck of cards. At the end the cards are turned over, each card the spectator called is in the corect color line.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Jim Callahan stuff is first class. If you don't have his "lo shu package" or his "leap of faith" what are you waiting for ????
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
534 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
I have Leap of Faith and was floored by it. I am tempted by both the lu shu package and the tarrot test. I am unsure of the tarrot test tho becuase I am in England the DVD maight not play in my DVD player. However is the DVD something I could reshoot myself and put on to DVD?
Pete
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Don't know about your problem I m waiting for the brand new dvd "Something is better than NOTHING"
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2006-11-20 00:29, Dynamike wrote:
There is a way the spectators calls out black or red cards throughout half a deck of cards. At the end the cards are turned over, each card the spectator called is in the corect color line.

That sounds truly out of this world!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2006-11-21 19:18, Spellbinder wrote:
Quote:

lol !!!!
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
534 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
I can't wait for SOmething is better than nothing. I have pre-ordered it and only hope it arrives before christmas so I can sneak off when all the wine makes uncle patrick dance on the table on christmas day and watch it in peace.
Don't you just love the holidays? *sigh*
Pete
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2006-11-21 19:18, Spellbinder wrote:
Quote:

It is explained in the book "Magic with Cards," by Frank Garcia. I can not remember the exact name of the trick, but it is found in the "Mental" section. I love to perform this self-working trick.
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
How long have you been a magician?
Hello.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2006-11-27 05:26, Stephen Long wrote:
How long have you been a magician?

31 years. The first 15 it was only a hobby. The last 16 professional.
The Mental Lentil
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of The Mental Lentil
Quote:
On 2006-11-21 18:44, PsiDroid wrote:
"Something is better than NOTHING"

I don't know about that. I'd rather have nothing than a kick in the gonads, for instance.
Dhal is murder
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Don't know for sure if you can present as "spectator being the mentalist" but what Im sure of is that in a recent show Ive been amazed by spectator calling out any word they wanted and that word only was circled inside a little dictionary. spectator looked for the word and it was there;was so clean that I have no explanation,unless a "stooge" was in ??
Picard
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Picard
I don't really have much experience with mentalism but card trick Untouched by Daryl can amaze people so much if presented as a miracle.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2006-11-27 08:27, Mariagi wrote:
Don't know for sure if you can present as "spectator being the mentalist" but what Im sure of is that in a recent show Ive been amazed by spectator calling out any word they wanted and that word only was circled inside a little dictionary. spectator looked for the word and it was there;was so clean that I have no explanation,unless a "stooge" was in ??

Still thinking about that one, uh? Well, you are just one among many!

I know from personal experience that this one is a true BRAIN-BAFFLER for most, if not all, audiences. And NO, no confederates or secret assistants used.

No electronics (as a dealer's ad would say!) and no pre-show of any kind.

I think that our own Tony Eye, from the Café, can confirm what I have stated above is 100% true!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
If you have SYZYGY there is a great test in there where thought tansfer takes place between to specs.

There are plenty of effects that can be spun so they have this presentational ellement.

Most of what do in relation to PK is just that. The results come from the spec.

It is an interesting plot and plays incredibly strong. Osterlind's watch routine has a spec as mentalist kicker -- and it kills...
xxx
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
I believe you. Then this has to be one of the best booktests Ive seen;bar none
adgnyc
View Profile
Loyal user
New York City
293 Posts

Profile of adgnyc
I have some ideas (which I've used, to happy ends) about routines involving married couples, the theme of which is: women wish men could read their minds -- let's see if that's possible. The husband is stooged, but still doesn't know exactly what happened, and is all too happy to seem like a hero to his wife. If anyone would like to hear more, PM me.
Adam Green
New York, NY
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The spectator is the mentalist (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL