The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Question - Bannon greatest book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Salby,

I can't put my hands on it right this second, but I beleive that's the contents of Mirage ...
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
I have Mirage, and those are definitely the table of contents. More specifically, the TOC is:

MENU-DRIVEN
1. Yin-Yang Sandwich
2. New Mutant Sandwich
3. Hard Roll
COMBINATIONS AND PERMUTATIONS
4. Eight is Enough
5. Maximum Revolution
6. The Cleaved Deck
7. Cinderella
8. Three Card Moxie
9. Be-Bop Deluxe
SERIOUS IMPLICATIONS
10. Mirage Assembly
11. Menage A Quatre
12. Defectors
13. Noblesse Oblige
14. A/K/A Reset
15. Zen Cards of Mystery
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Thanks ZAP.... Still waiting for that gold to come to my mailbox.

Anyone know about the contents of 2 other books of his:

1. WITHOUT

2. AVANT CARDE
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
I found the contents for these 2 booklets. Is it worth getting these 2 booklets or are the effects reprinted in his other 3 major books??:

*** WITHOUT ***
(Effects "without" cards)

- Vaccuum Packed
- One is the Onliest
- Trick Shot Production
- Single Bullett Theory
- Metal Epic
- Matrix Motivator

*** AVANT CARDE ***

- Real Secrets
- Creased Lightning II
- Creased Lightning III
- Ambitchin'
- OZ Deposit
- Steel Convergence
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Another vote for Dear Mister Fantasy. Cheers.
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
I'm ever the optimist. Although John Bannon has written some great books, I'll say that his best book will be released at some time in the future.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Amazing Kenno
View Profile
New user
Kenno
60 Posts

Profile of Amazing Kenno
Dear John Bannon fans....in the DVD "Smoke and Mirros", John performs "Card of the Wild"....has the work for this effect been published anywhere? It is only a performance on the DVD. Thanks, kenno
The Amazing Kenno
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Barry, I second that . . . the question is when will the future turns into today?

I hope that John reads this and speeds up the work . . .
Cards never lie
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Kenno, is that "Call of the Wild"? If so, it's sold as an individual packet trick. Currently my favorite version of Wild Card.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
I guess my taste differs from so many...IMO DMF was ok....i got so much more material out of Smoke and Mirrors and Impossibilia. If I had to pick one, it would be Smoke and Mirrors.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Unfortunately, I have my vote on DMF, like many other said, Smoke and Mirrors has sentimental attachment, for me, DMF is my first Bannon's book that I bought.

After that, I bought back Smoke and Mirrors and found out Timely Departure is such a great routine.

Again, sentimental attachment, my vote to DMF, also, S&M have coin routines that I do not perform so, card magic rules in my case.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
I can't vote since I only have DMF, but I love it. I religiously perform the routines in DMF all the time, especially Bullet Train, Secrets and Mysteries of 4 Aces and Degree of Freedom, and I could always get great reactions with these. I've ordered Smoke & Mirrors, but like what Steven said, I will probably still prefer DMF after all due to sentimental attachment.
domingue
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
8 Posts

Profile of domingue
I've only just received Dear Mr. Fantasy, so I'm still working through that, but I like both Impossibilia and Smoke and Mirrors equally. For card work, the latter certainly takes the cake, but I love the chop cup routine and some of the cups and balls moves in Impossibilia. What sold me on Bannon though was the Twighlight Zone Assembly - I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned it. I absolutely fell in love with the patter.
-Nate

Deep astonishment. Let it breathe.
Phred
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Phred
I have DMF, Imp. and S & M. I prefer the variety of effects from S&M but I enjoy the style of DMF and his thoughts on presentation. I cannot WAIT for Cardzilla.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Question - Bannon greatest book (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL