The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Is this possible with the striking vanish? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
I'm a big fan of the striking vanish and am trying to explore new uses with it. I was wondering if anyone can exchange two items with it, rather than make one disappear.

I mainly use a bic pen and there's this move I'm trying to accomplish. I use a pen with cap on as my wand held in right hand. I have a copper coin in my left hand, and I have a silver coin finger palmed in right hand with pen.

I want to do the striking vanish, and exchange the coin in my right hand, with the coin in my left hand. I'm working on getting the mechanics down, but it's kinda hard to do it as smoothly as the normal vanish. Has anyone had success with this? Thanks!
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Well lylaster, I tried it out to see how it plays.
so far all I can say is that it is going to take a lot of practice to make it look as clean as a striking vanish. in the end, I think it is possible.
good luck with it!

-Matt
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1031 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
It may be possible, but I wouldn't recommend using it to switch in gaffed coins - i.e. a regular quarter for a biting quarter. The switch would be too suspicious.

As for using it as a color change, Dave mentions on his Magic Farm DVD that you can hold one object at the fingertips and another one in or close to finger palm. Perform the striking vanish for the object held at the fingertips and open the hand to reveal the other object.

Derek Merdinyan
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Totally do-able. I just did it. Great new idea for an age old concept.
karbonkid
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of karbonkid
Get Magic Farm by Williamson...he'll teach you how to do this.
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Guess it's not a new idea afterall...
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Williamson has a routine where a coin purse is used to do the strike. ( I forget where.)
A silver coin inside the coin purse changes places with a copper coin that's held in hand.
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
One of Sankeys books (Sankey Panky or 100%, I can look up if you are interested) has an entire chapter about this move. Best PM me then (just in case I forget to return to this page here)
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
763 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Anything is Possible!
Just ask Jamie D. Grant!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1777 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
NOt quite the striking vanish, but check ouit the syvester pitch, requires a lot of practice but well worth the work.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
100% Sankey, plus it is on several of his videos. My favorie effect is where he visibly links a key on to a keychain.

Tony
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Williamson uses the strike vanish with a purse in a copper/silver routine. I think it is in his Book, Williamson's Wonders.

Have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Sankey's Leaving Home.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
michaelrice
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
257 Posts

Profile of michaelrice
Quote:
On 2007-02-07 04:11, Joey Stalin wrote:
Sankey's Leaving Home.

I was going to say this! He switches a key for another key. Its not to hard.
michaelrice
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
257 Posts

Profile of michaelrice
I tried it out there, it is pretty difficult but with a bit of work I'd say its achievable. I can do it but its not 100% smooth. You have to drop the other coin out of your hand before you strike the one on your hand! Does that make sense? Try it.

Mike
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
Brian Platt Does some nice work with the stiking vanish on his Catapult! DVD. The best part is that you are immediately clean after the vanish, or the coin you are changing from is gone.

Check it out at http://www.magicshop.com (it's under NEW KILLER MAGIC 2006-2007)

Matt
Aim To Amaze
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
My coins keep clinking in midair Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Is this possible with the striking vanish? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL