The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prohibition (Impromptu cap through bottle) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
The preview is on

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/prohibitio......646.html

Imagine being able to...
openly, instantly and visually penetrate a sealed bottle with a cap and immediately show your hand empty!

Well imagine no more! With Prohibition you’ll be able to do this with:

No preparation to the bottle.

The bottle can be any color or transparency.

The bottle and cap may be borrowed.

Everything is completely examinable before and after the effect.

As close to special FX as you can get... LIVE

You're going to LOVE Prohibition!

I saw the preview and my jaw dropped. I'm hoping this effect is everything it says to be. I'm in the nightclubs a lot and there's always empty beer bottles. It looks very good and I'm pre-ordering this.
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Hello Lylaster,
I'd like to make a important correction and addition to your post.
Prohibition is a incredible cap-in-bottle routine by Charlie Justice. Jeff Pierce Magic is the production company who produced the DVD, but rest assured the effect is all Charlie Justice. MJM Magic has it listed wrong on their website but hopefully they will make the corrections asap.

Thanks you for your enthusiasm!

Jeff Pierce Magic
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
Wow, that's really incredible. If I have understood right, can you do it with every bottle and every cap?

Dave
jynx
View Profile
Loyal user
Pueblo, Colorado
242 Posts

Profile of jynx
I like the effect but I do question the demo. Seen something that just rubbed me the wrong way......
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
I have seen the DVD and I must say this is incredible! Charlie is a great guy and his teaching on the DVD is very in depth with many different handlings. Just watch the demo and see how great that looks!

Best,
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
What I like is the way another cap suddenly appears back on top of the bottle.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
I noticed that is was labelled "scenes from prohibition" during the "full performance". Does the demo show the actual effect, or pieces of the performance? Something bothers me about this video too...
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Impromptu?
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
This looks fishy to me too guys.

I think I'll do a search on the topic and see if anyone who has actually seen the DVD and performed the effect has also reviewed it for our edification.

Wait...I found a couple!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......75&0

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=4787426
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Charlie Justice
HAHAHA You are a master of disquise as well? I placed my preorder last week. Ill wait and watch before I give a full review. What happened now is this Coin in Bottle or Coin in Fish? Smile Smile Smile
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
By the way, we have corrected the description of this on our website:

Prohibition DVD by Charlie Justice (Featuring the Cap Trap!)

Here's the deal: you borrow a normal beer or soda bottle from someone—anybody—at a bar, restaurant, party, or whatever. You grab a couple caps off the bar and give them to the participants to examine; one that will end up inside the bottle and one to cap the bottle with to keep the bottle secured.

You hold the bottle in your hand, snap the cap on the bottom once, twice, and bang! It is inside.

As simple as that!

You immediately hand the bottle back to the person you were working with to be examined; you are totally and unequivocally clean. Believe it. It is that quick. Lighting fast.

Prohibition can be done totally impromptu, completely surrounded, and it is totally visual! Seriously, watch the demo and see if you can catch it; they sure won't. They'll just sit there and look at you with their mouths wide open—totally "gob smacked" as the Scots say.

You're going to love this DVD. Now is the time to get on the preorder list; give us a call today and we will take care of you!

"If you like wonderful, startling magic done with borrowed articles that looks super clean, Prohibition is for you! A bent cap penetrates the bottom of a capped beer bottle in a striking, visual way and everything is immediately handed out for examination. There is nothing to find! This video not only gives you every performing detail, but a scad of other ideas as well. I love doing it in the spectator's hands! Nothing is left to chance. Finally, you can watch Prohibition being performed live to see the kind of reactions it really gets. I highly - very highly - recommend this effect!” ~ Richard Osterlind
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

A bent cap? eh
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Jesse, take a look at some of the other reviews. This thing has been getting raves. The bent cap is irrelevant.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
The bent cap fits into the presentation logically, it's the only way for someone to stick it in, but through the top. This effect visually ameks the same cap go through the bottom. Ahh I'm so excited for this~
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Some of you guys are missing the effect:

The bent cap version is done with the bottle capped.

There is an un-bent version, too, also with the bottle capped.

You don't need to be paranoid about this one. This is a great routine! I don't believe anyone will be unhappy with this. There's really nothing funny about the demo. Your spec will see the trick as done in the demo. Like they say, "I wish I was the only person who had this."

A+!

Steve "Not Affiliated With Prohibition...That's An Honest Review" Hook
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
The routine that I use currently did use a Bent cap. The bend is not to extreme. I have never been called on it. I just didn't like to carry the other prop. So I am fine with using a bent cap. As far as I can tell it looks very visual so if the whole routine looks as clean and impromtu then I am glad I placed my Preorder.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Yes I agree with the cap beeing bend is not a problem at all and does not weaken the effect.
What afraid me is if something visible to wear on your finger is needed Smile
(won't work for me)

Nicolas
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Nicolas, I've pm'ed you.

Jeff Pierce Magic
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Nicolas, I was wondering about that as well. That is why I asked about clothing requirements as that won't work for me either. I hope it doesn't need some visible apparatus on the finger.
Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
Apparently it can also be done with a dime!
So much for the "bent cap" theory...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prohibition (Impromptu cap through bottle) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL