The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Remote Control Unfurling Curtain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
Hi Guys,

I'm working on a project in which I need a curtain to unfurl from a horizontal line across the stage without anyone visibly pulling it down.

The stage is set with a table and then the curtain falls and I rip it away and am now standing atop the table. I'd rather not have wires that I pull, or aything like that. I hope you get the idea.

Here are some pictures before and after the unfurling. Throw out any ideas you can think of.

Thanks in advance,

Ben
busterjuggler
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia travelling worldwide now
352 Posts

Profile of busterjuggler
Could'nt you control it with two bits of invisble wire(stong wire) and when you are ready pull the wires, then jump up on the table?

eg: if you have the wires attached to some clips (or similiar) which are attached to the rolled up fabric, then when you pull the clips will disconnect, hence letting the fabric fall, then you can jump up onto the table and pull it away.

James
James BuSTAR
Australia's Comedy Juggling Superstar
info@jamesbustar.com
http://www.jugglingsuperstar.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Is an offstage assistant out of the question?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
I would have an offstage assitant, yes.

Ben
busterjuggler
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of busterjuggler
Well in that case, the offstage assistant need only pull the wires from offstage, thus undoing the fabric rolled up.

using the small clips idea.

James
James BuSTAR
info@jamesbustar.com
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
The idea sounds reasonable but what are these "small clips". Excuse me if I don't sound resourceful, I just have never done things like this before.

Thanks,

Ben
busterjuggler
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of busterjuggler
You would just need to get some small clips, they are seethrough, I can't find any resource on the net for them, head to any homewares or outdoors store and you should ae some luck, they are similar to hanging pegs (eg putting washing up) only seethrough,

on another thought,

using invisible wire, you could just rig up a fake knot so that when the wire is pulled the knot undoes itself and lets the fabric fall? probally easier.

hmmm, trying to think for you.

James
James BuSTAR
info@jamesbustar.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Ben,

Sent you an email with illustrations for a design that should work.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1254 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Just a comment and a "Golf Clap."

I find the people who post in this forum to be some of the most sharing and helpful on the Café! Even when I can't contribute an idea, it is always refreshing to read the helpful exchanges.

I especially am always impressed by the sharing of Mister Baker, THANK YOU Michael for being here!

My warm fuzzy for the day. Smile
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Ben, hope to see you at the club Monday...

Perhaps an electro magnet that is turned off with a remote. that lets the curtain drop. Maybe more elaborate than you want but with your big budget...LOL
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Think along the lines of drapery curtain pulls only take out the stopping lock for the cord. The work is already done for you, your helper need only release the cord (which should be running inside the cross bar. You can even have it set in a fall pattern as example, the center lowers then the edged follow, like a large V dropping, etc.
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Wow! Thanks, leapinglizards! It's nice to be appreciated! You just made my day! Smile

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Remote Control Unfurling Curtain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL