The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fraud by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
unreal1016
View Profile
New user
Old Bridge, New Jersey
7 Posts

Profile of unreal1016
First off, I was a bit skeptical about this effect. I had a large amount of problems with E. I really liked the trick though, and love all of Garcia's effects. I thought I would give them another try. I got this DVD with no problem.
Effect: You borrow a dollar bill, have them sign it, then you move the seal from one side of the bill to the other.
DVD: The DVD quality is HD and is excellent. The artwork is pretty nice, too.
Teaching: The teaching is great. He goes over EVERYTHING into detail. You will not have any questions. He explains everything clear and well.
The Gimmick: It does require a gimmick. You will most likely have everything you need to perform this effect. There is a slight chance, however, that you will not. I would say about 95% of you have it. If you do not have it, it can be rather expensive. I am sure you can use your friend's or use it at work if you have it. The gimmick took me about 15 minutes to make for the first time. You will want to make a few gimmicks so you will be set for a week or so, depending on how often you perform this effect.
Angles: This trick is ALMOST angle proof. Depending on how you perform it, it can be 100% angle proof. The way I perform it, it can be almost completly surrounded. You can though perform this completly surrounded.
Difficulty: Once the gimmick is set up, a five year old could perform this effect.
Reset: This effect has about a 30 second reset, maybe less. You can not reset in public but it will be rather quick to reset the trick.
Reactions: I performed this effect for my mom the second day I got it. It took me only about 15 minutes of practice. My mom sat there and stared at the bill. She was dumbfounded. She said it was a really good trick I performed.
Price: With shipping, this trick cost me $30 USD. I would say it was well worth the price.
Overall: If you do not mind set up and making a gimmick, then I would HIGHLY reccomend this trick. The reactions are great. It is a reputation maker. However, if you do not like set up, you will probably be dissapointed in this trick and not like it.
8.5/10
"What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes."
-Harry Houdini
kjenkings
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of kjenkings
This effect is absolutely BILLIANT, I love-it as well. The method employed is very easy and quite workable, I know I'll get some wonderful reactions with DG "FRAUD".

Cheers,

Kjenkings
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
I saw Daniel do this a few months ago and it looked killer. I can't wait to try it. I love tricks that just use everyday objects and you can have this ready to go at all times.
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
I think it's too much work to just give it away to a spec.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I love it. Period, not that much work at all after you get used to it.
TheSilentillusionist
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of TheSilentillusionist
Quote:
On 2006-11-27 13:11, Drizz wrote:
I think it's too much work to just give it away to a spec.

but for the expressions on the specs face would be priceless.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I'm curious as to how many spectators want to keep the bill, and how many want to trade you for a good one? My guess is most will want to keep it, since they want to "prove" to others what happened.... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Too much work for me, but cool effect.
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Quote:
On 2006-12-09 08:11, joseph wrote:
I'm curious as to how many spectators want to keep the bill, and how many want to trade you for a good one? My guess is most will want to keep it, since they want to "prove" to others what happened.... Smile ..

Everyone who I have done this to wants to keep the bill. I even had one guy frame it and shows it to everyone he can. This effect is worth the setup by far. I never leave home without this.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Quote:
On 2006-12-09 10:33, johnny mystic wrote:
Too much work for me, but cool effect.

Johnny, I prepare 5 to 10 at a shot and it takes just minutes. When you consider how much time one puts in learning a sleight etc. the prep for this trick is nothing at all.

Also, Only one spec. accepted the offer of a replacement bill from me. They generally want to keep it as a souvenir.

In my opinion it is one of the strongest effects of 06... Don't pass it up! I've seen some eyes bug out with this one....

Best,
Bobby
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

I tried making one for 15 minutes. My hands were sore and it still was not finished. I would love to know how you make 10 in minutes.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I make them in Ten minutes or less. Come one guys you act like this is the first time you have to practice to make and effect great. How long did your hands hurt and cramped up learning to Classic Palm, Palm, Coin roll, False Cuts or Flourishes. This is like everything else out there. With practice it becomes easy. After a while you know just how much pressure you have to put into it, how fast, what motions(UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, CIRUCULAR). People we need to stop looking for easy self working tricks, especially when it comes to money magic. Sometimes you will have to put in a little effort. But hey if you guys don't want too then great, just lessens my chance of having some one say "Hey ive seen that before."
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I use this when handing out my business cards.
great point paisa23! good to see you "in action" again;)

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Quote:
On 2006-12-10 00:38, Drizz wrote:
I tried making one for 15 minutes. My hands were sore and it still was not finished. I would love to know how you make 10 in minutes.

I simply followed the instructions. I made 4 within roughly 20 minutes this morning.
I have worked so much harder to make less effective gimmicks for effects. I would be happy to go over the prep with you via PM...

Although, it would be nice if everybody else decided not to do this and left it for me Smile

Best to all,
Bobby
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
My point exactly! I am feeling really selfish regarding this effect as well Smile)

-Matt
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Quote:
On 2006-12-10 14:50, Matt Malinas wrote:
My point exactly! I am feeling really selfish regarding this effect as well Smile)

-Matt

Matt,

Yes, it is an amazing effect. We should not beg people to try it Smile
Bk
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
491 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
I can't beleive people are complaining that there is setup for this trick. Yeah, your gonna visiblely and cleanly alter a real $1 bill and there is not setup. Come on. Of all the effects I have ever had that require some work this has by far been the absolute best. The reactions you get with this trick are amazing! Of all the effects that I perform, this is fast becoming my favorite and a fan spectator favorite. I can do a million card tricks and coin vanishes but in the end all they say is "how did you move that seal on my bill?"

Drizz, seriosly, you must not have much strength in your hands or something to have them be sore in 10 minutes??? I've made 5 of these in about 20 mins and probably would have been quicker if my printer cooperated with me. I'm not trying to bragg just can't beleive how much trouble you have with the setup. Well hopefully more people will feel like you and this effect will not be like invisible thread in a year.

Long live Daniel Garcia!!!

Marc
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Bobbyk that is exactly what I was thinking.
gobrownstd54, I find it also to be a remarkable effect. I don't have trouble with the setup either and I tried it with both bills and business cards. true, the setup is easier with business cards but it ain't a lot harder with bills either.
sorry that you are having trouble with this Drizz. watch the video again maybe you'll catch something you haven't noticed before. some advice from daniel that you forgot about of who knows?
good luck anyway@!

-Matt
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

I'm glad you guys like it, but like I said I find it to be a bit too much work. I like being able to do an effect over and over again. Furthermore, if I have to do a strolling gig I really can't say I can use this one. Not trying to to put down the effect, glad that it can only be performed by those that show didication.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I just received this dvd via the holidays, and I must say my immediate impression was, "Ingenius...but too much work." Now it's not that I'm against extra effort in the least, but for all the strolling magic that I get booked for, this is not very practical. I can see maybe setting it up to use twice in a whole night, and it will probably be well worth it for those two reactions. I think I'll have to make sure I save this effect to use on people that really look like I could get a return booking on. It is an amazing thing to be able to change the property of a borrowed bill though; well done Daniel!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fraud by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL