The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Twisting Arm Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darren Roberts
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Darren Roberts
I just spent the "whopping" $5.00 on the Twisting Arm Illusion booklet. Is the DVD worth the price? Does it supplement the booklet or just show visibly what the booklet says?

Thanks for any advice. I bought this so that I would always be ready with an impromptu effect.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
You should do all right with the booklet.
Darren Roberts
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Darren Roberts
Thanks! It'll save me another Twenty bucks or so that I can spend on something else. Smile
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
Keep with the booklet, the DVD shows the same thing.
JamesR
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of JamesR
Thanks everyone. I was going to buy the DVD, but now I'll just buy the booklet and spend the money on something else.
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
If you have actually seen the illusion, then the booklet is sufficient. If you have not witnessed the effect, you will need to buy the DVD as well.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
If you have the booklet, then go to magicsmith and see the demo. That's all you'll need.
Life of Magic!
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I don't know if its in the book but I like to place a piece of dry elbow macro. noodle on my back molors an when I twist I force it a little further I bite down. It makes a great CRACK!
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
451 Posts

Profile of Rick
The book is all you need, just did it today and was asked if I was double-jointed lol...
Rick... Smile
Dave Mustane
View Profile
New user
Ottawa canada
9 Posts

Profile of Dave Mustane
It's a great illusion, and a plastic cup under the arm also makes for a good cracking sound. I remember when I saw DC do this on a late night talk show.
What goes around, comes around!
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Quote:
On 2003-02-19 21:24, WR wrote:
I don't know if its in the book but I like to place a piece of dry elbow macro. noodle on my back molors an when I twist I force it a little further I bite down. It makes a great CRACK!
WR Smile

I do this when I'm doing the illusion for kids and it plays HUGE! My cousin's little girl (about 7 years old) ran out of the room and told her mother to call 9-1-1 because I broke my arm!

You just can't do the set-up too soon or you'll end up with a soggy noodle and no CRACK.
William Holcomb
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
My finger joints have a natural crack to them. When I make a tight fist, my knuckles make a very audible "CRACK!"

I use it to supplement the Twisting Arm when I perform it for the kids at the school where I teach.
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
546 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
The only thing I'm wondering about is that the dvd states that you can do 3 consecutive revolutions. I don't want any secrets here, but that sounds wicked. I know the illusion, but apparently not to it's fullest potential. maybe getting the dvd isn't such a bad idea. I could be wrong, but check the back for the description. Cheers!
mithrius
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
127 Posts

Profile of mithrius
Dom, I just bought the DVD and was pretty disappointed. Obviously the effect is good, and the explanation by Meir Yedid is clear, but the ENTIRE DVD can't be more than 40 minutes long. There's about 10 minutes of actual explanation and the rest is all performance. While seeing Shinkoh (the creator) perform some of this stuff was interesting, I don't think it made up for the price. I wish I'd purchased the booklet.

Oh, and don't stress over the 3 full revolutions, it's the same secret, just with a reset.

Hope this helps--
Angus
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Angus
Once you know the secret to it from the book, you can watch it on one of the hundred or so websites it's on and have all you need. Adding the cracking sound though is a must.
Spatula545
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Spatula545
Can somebody just tell me the secret? I'm on a low budget (I'm a student) and when I do shows I only use that money to support the show. How can I get this for free (it was already shown on public television if I am correct)?

Thanks.

P.S. My email is flashmagicproductions@yahoo.com).
12 pennies stacked equals the hight of a dime.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Twisting Arm Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL