The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » MOVEMBER - Changing The Face Of Mens Health (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
THIS MESSAGE HAS THE APPROVAL OF The Magic Café Management TEAM
===============================================================

Hi all,

During Movember (the month formerly known as November) I’ll be growing a moustache. That’s right I’m bringing the Mo back because I’m passionate about changing the state of men’s health.

Male health is a major issue, did you know:

Men are far less healthy than women. The average life expectancy of males is 6 years less than females.

Every year in Australia alone 2,700 men die of prostate cancer – more than the number of women who die from breast cancer.

Depression affects 1 in 6 men...Most don’t seek help. Untreated depression is a leading risk factor for suicide. Rates of suicide are more than double the national road toll.

Help me change the face of men’s health by sponsoring my mo.

Please go to http://www.movember.com/au/sponsor, enter my Rego number which is 56277 and your credit card details. All donations are in Australian dollars, and donations of $2 and over are tax deductible.

The money raised by Movember will be used to change the face of men's health by creating awareness and funding research into prostate cancer and male depression.

Cheers,

Topher

More info is available at http://www.movember.com

Movember is proudly grown by Motorola, Polaroid, Remington and VB.

Movember is proud partners with the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and beyondblue - the national depression initiative.

PS. Even if you are unable to donate, make sure you pass this info on to anyone you think might find it interesting or useful. But just think, if everyone here could donate one dollar, we could raise over $25, 000 for what I think is a very worthy cause!! Thank you to everyone for your support!!
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Here's the mo in progress.

22 days in, 8 days to go!

-- Topher

Click here to view attached image.
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I wanted to bump this, because I think it's a really important issue, as I'm sure you all agree. As I mentioned before, if you are unable to donate, please still pass the info on to anyone who might need it.

Cheers,

-- Topher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » MOVEMBER - Changing The Face Of Mens Health (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL