The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.C.A.M. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Sounds great magicmind. Glad you are coming.
Matt
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
See you in January Magicmind!
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Here's a link to a TV commercial we're running for our public show at the SCAM convention public show in Columbia, SC. (Jan 13, 07)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nedd49BYIw8
Enjoy!

John Tudor
http://www.scamcon.org
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Wow. It looks great John. I hope everything goes well. I would love to do a lecture there next year. I haven't yet. Best wishes.

Michael Bairefoot
"2 time close-up winner at SCAM (only person in SCAM history)"
"SCAM Stage Champion"

http://www.magicidol.com
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Great commercial!
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Michael,
Sure, why not?
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks John,

I would love to talk to you and your group after the covention about next year. Please keep me in mind. I plan on doing the lecture and making money at magic and do part of the act the I did this year at the Magic Castle. Thanks again.

Bairefoot
RMoreland
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando, Florida
181 Posts

Profile of RMoreland
Hello ya'll,

Luke Dancy,Paul Cummins,and David Regal. Sounds like a deadly combination if I ever heard one. Can't wait to see everyone there. I have a feeling there is gonna be some serious Midnite oil burned at this one.

See ya there gang,

Robert Moreland
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
You got that right. You better rest up now, cause Friday night and Saturday night won't include sleep.
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Gotta love the late nights at conventions. This year is gonna be the best yet.
Matt
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
We registered Friday (Dec. 29, 2006) can anyone recommend good shops or food in the area? A good bar with live music?
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Mac's on Main
Right around the corner for easy food is a coffee shop, subway, and chick-fil-a. The hotel also has a good buffet/resturant.
Glad you are coming!
Matt
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Anything in The Vista area on Gervais St. for nightlife and many dining choices. This is just a few blocks from the hotel. If you're in shape you can walk. I'd recommend driving the one mile to the Vista (it might be cold out).

Bar and music in the Vista (young adult crowd close to the hotel): Gillians, Liberty, Art Bar, Rhino Room, Willy's, Club Ra, and SEVERAL more.

Bar and music scene in the college district called 5 points: Delaney's, Mr. Friendly's, Knock Knock and Flip Side. There are more here also but the names have changed since I lived there.

Nice restaurants: Blue Marlin, Hennesey's, Diane's on Devine, and Saluda's.

There are many more to choose from. It just depends on what you want.

When are you coming in to town?
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Will arrive about 11am friday and leave sunday. Thanks for the list....sounds like we'll have fun, at the convention too.
rich aviles
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of rich aviles
Hey, Chris:

Where is the closest ping-pong table?

Rich Aviles
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Well actually there was ping pong match played during the civil war between General's Lee and Sherman. Upon defeat, Sherman decided to leave the city without burning it to the ground. As he left the city however, one of his troops inexplicably (sp?) dropped a cigarette near an ammo dump. Well needless to say, the ammo dump exploded starting a massive fire in the town. The city nearly burned to the ground because of the outcome of that ping pong match!!!! Sherman himself was almost killed as a section from a nearby building, crumbling in the fire, collapsed and almost hit him. He was lucky that a nearby citizen pulled his leg to get him out of the way. The citizen kept pulling his leg and pulling his leg...eh, em.

Now, back to your question: I don't know where the nearest ping pong table might be.

See you there Rich.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
As I said , two of us have registered. Third party has not, says he will register at the door. Will this be an issue? He was gonna get his own room to, so he can sleep when needed. Will this be possible? OR is there another hotel near?

Also, can we make sure that Café' members put their Café' name on their badge? or is there a planned Café' meet and greet?
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Our hotel registration deal ($99 instead of $110-$139) has been extended through Monday the 8th. Ask for SCAM rates, of Course. (Columbia Marriott 803-771-7000)

A planned Café' meet and greet would be welcome! There's nothing on the schedule officially (yet),
(that I know of) but we'd be happy to announce it, etc.

John
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Please see if you can find time in the schedule...maybe the late night 11:30 in lobby on Friday? Also, can you request when users pick up their badges that they put their Café' name on them? Or maybe some signage at the table recommending this?

I am pumped about this convention!!! Thanks John and Chris!
Dredz
View Profile
Loyal user
La Famiglia! East Coast
257 Posts

Profile of Dredz
Joe Jesse. My real name....come say hello if you see me. Look at my avatar. It looks like me. Or go to my site, print a picture, tape it to the back of your hand, then when you see me........ UMMMMM. AHHHH... I don't know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.C.A.M. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL