The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.C.A.M. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Oh, sorry I have to miss Saturday- have to be at at a family gathering in
NY - have a great time!!!
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Great convention guys! I got in on Saturday, and unfortunately, I missed the close up contest. But I was happy to see Tom Frank won both stage and close up. Congratulations Tom!

The music stopped during Arthur Trace's act, but he handled it like a pro.

See you next year

Scott Compton
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Thanks Scott! The whole convention was a real blast. I'll be posting pics and impressions on my blog. Click on the link below to view.

Nice meeting y'all.
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2329 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Had a great time.....one of the best conventions I have been to for it's size. Enjoyed everything about it. Thanks TOM for the cups on the last night! They are great!

where was the suggestion box?
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Magicmind, you can send me a pm on S.C.A.M and your suggestions. Or you can go to my website and get my e-mail.

Hey, Tom you are awesome. Congrats on your double win!

Matt
RMoreland
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando, Florida
174 Posts

Profile of RMoreland
Hey Tom,

Congradulations on your win at SCAM. I was good getting to hang out with you again and I look forward to the next time. Fantastic convention everyone, thanks for a great weekend.

Robert Moreland
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Hey gang! Thanks again for a swell time. Nice hanging out with you all.

Here's a pic of Sylvester the Jester and Matt after the Gala Show
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Thank you everyone who attended...Robbie, Matt, Tom, John, magicmind, and others who read this. It was fun hanging out. See you next year (or earlier at other conventions).
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2329 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Umm prefer earlier Smile Was a nice local shop we saw you at Sunday AM....great variety. Nice owner too
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Yeah, very nice guy. He's always been good to me. Has a good selection too. Take it easy.
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
I heard Joe Jesse did a super job in close-up. Blow'n em out by finishing with a perfect "Craddle to Grave' routine and didn't even place. Wow , what was up with that. I guess I won't learn that now as I'd hate to get that down and not even place. At least I got a good excuse now. Maybe finger flickers are "out" now. Good for me I guess.
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
Hannibal
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Hannibal
Joe did a good job - the Cradle to Grave was nicely executed (not "perfect"...yet) and I think, had he not blown character and kicked a jumbo coin across the floor, he might have fared a bit better.
I was interested in his costuming choice. It never seemed to play into his act, but it was different.
2 cents, keep the change.
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
Thanks for some opinions on this. I heard about the jumble coin, I also heard eeryone had some goof ups. Sometimes you just go with the flow. Did you compete, Hannibal? I've heard you do some pretty good stuff. Don't you work some restaurants/bars in Charlotte ? Are you still actively performing ? I think I heard about you doing something with a Pringle can card effect. Well anyways, what kind of costume did Joe wear ? Thanks again for your insight Hannibal.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3406 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Joe wore, basically, a two piece suit with shirt and tie, and a hat that probably was a distraction. There are people that can wear hats and then...! The other observation was that, while performing, Joe was too familiar with the audience...as in it's meeting night for the club and guys are just doin' stuff.

(These are just my observations and yours may vary.)

Hannibal's turn kicked butt!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
I didn't know if he (Hannibal) competed. Did he place ? What did he do ? Who were the judges ? What did the winner do that made him the best ? I wasn't there so I'd like some information on what was best. interesting !!!! Trois
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
Great picture Tom!
Matt
Hannibal
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Hannibal
No, I didn't compete - I performed in the Friday night cabaret show. The audience was amazing and I was sandwiched between the hilarious Tim Sonefelt and the Stupefying Arthur Trace. Fine company indeed.
Joe has got great chops - what I think prevented him from winning (since you asked) was a sort of cavalier attitude toward the audience, the costume ( a sixties style hat with a nineties style suit ... distracting and not really a part of his character, so why did he wear it?) Also - everyone makes mistakes, but they shouldn't stop the show dead. I know he's capable of better.
Tom Franks came in first place. His main routine was the cups. He literally hit the floor at top energy and relentlessly entertained the audience. He never broke character and his clothing fit his style of performing. He could have easily been on the bill for the evening shows. Polished, professional and en-ter-taining. (Ok Tom, send me my check!)
By the way, who came in second?
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
I think it was Tim Quinlen (sp) that was second. Isn't Frank's a street performer, is that the routine he does on the streets..kind of like Gazzo. I'm sure he must of performed it a zillion times, to perfection. Was it a fooler ? So many cup and balls routine out there. Must be good to win with it. cheers, Trois
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Just posted the last of my pics from the convention og my blog. Click the link below to view.

Yes, Trois, I am a street performer and it did feel good to win.

Peace

TF
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.C.A.M. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL