We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Please consider a Christmas donation this Holiday Season (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Please consider a Christmas donation this Holiday Season

Many of you already do so and have so for years.

Most of us, living in the real world, raising children, paying a mortgage/rent, supporting family, dealing with mounting bills understandably have little if anything to offer a charity.

But an early reminder to try and set aside a few dollars might help?

Toys for Tots is a 59-year tradition of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves and is an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) not-for-profit public charity. In 2005, Toys for Tots delivered more than 18.5 million toys to over 7.4 million children. Unfortunately, with over 13 million children living in poverty, Toys for Tots needs your help more than ever to achieve our goal of delivering a toy to every child in need.

DONATIONS ARE 100% TAX DEDUCTIBLE. Make a donation via mail, credit card, Check (US only), or donation as a tribute to someone special.

Go to toysfortots2006.com and help Toys for Tots fulfill the Christmas dreams of our nation's neediest children. Sponsor a toy and give a child recognition, confidence and a positive memory for a lifetime.

If at the Malls, you’ve seen the CHRISTMAS ANGEL TREES setup by your local efforts (Salvation Army) a program that serves needy children.

Donors can "adopt an angel," by taking a tag off the tree. The tags usually include the children's name, their clothing sizes, their needs and their toys. Clothes are the most pressing need. You purchase the gift(s) return them to the manned trees where they are then delivered to The Salvation Army for distribution to registered families.

It was until 1998 that I bothered to even care or try to make a contribution. Some of you have been doing it for decades!

It was one of those Holidays where the money was fat and grand. I had scratched everyone off my list and got him or her what he or she’d been talking about all year long. I was passing an Angel Tree on my way out when I though what the heck I’ll take one. The lady asked me to take anyone I liked. I walked away with two and found the requested items the least expensive and elaborate on my list. Actually, they weren’t even luxury items. These were basic needs.

An hour and a half later, I realized I’d spent more time selecting those items than any other for those I knew. I kept upgrading the items on the list and wanting it to be special for the child. It didn’t cost much more to throw in a few extras.

Since that day in 1998, during the Holidays, I’ve yet to find a replacement, on the shelves of a department store, for that wondrous feeling I get from my small contribution.

Get yours soon.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I have a tradition with my kids that no matter how bad things may be for us during holiday seasons, we always find enough to adopt an 'angel'. I've tried to do my best to teach my kids that it's not a season of "getting", it's a season of "giving". They always help with choosing items, and I always make sure they are with me when we take the packages back.

I was doing some shopping this weekend, and I was in the dollar store, and when I got ready to pay, the cashier asked me if I wanted to donate a dollar for a toy for Toys for Tots. "Absolutely" was my reply. Out of all the money I'm going to spend this holiday season, what's another dollar or two. I'll be in the dollar store many more times, and if asked, I'll say the same thing.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Please consider a Christmas donation this Holiday Season (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL