The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Claymation Christmas Special (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Wil Vinton, creator of the California Raisins, created a Christmas special that ran from 1989-1991, and hasn't been seen again (except on DVD as part of a collection of other videos). The work is amazing and fun, so I thought I'd share the YouTube videos of each song with you:

We Three Kings
Oh Christmas Tree
Carol of the Bells
Joy To The World
Angels We Have Heard on High
Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Steve Haffner
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
108 Posts

Profile of Steve Haffner
Scott,

That became one of my favorite Christmas specials. I've always wondered why it doesn't get shown anymore. The Siskel and Ebert hosts, the bells ringing themselves ("I can't remember his name but his face rings a bell"), and my favorite - the camels from We Three Kings.

Thanks for sharing.

- Steve
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Great show from a now defunct studio. Had a friend do some of the writing and animation on several of Vintons projects, including the Christmas special. He worked for them for many years and once took us on a tour of the studio where we saw them working on the Return to Oz effects and got to see a lot of the sets from their Mark Twain movie as well as the California Raisins before they hit the airwaves.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Claymation Christmas Special (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL