The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Noel Lester, carnival magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Billy Harper
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Billy Harper
I am writing a magical reminiscence and would appreciate information anyone might have about a carnival magician by the name of Noel Lester. He performed an illusion tent show on midways during the 1930's through the 1950's. He would "turn the tip" on the outside platform by performing a "Super X" levitation and an egg bag routine that climaxed with the production of a large, live hen that flapped and squawked around the stage. He retired to somewhere in Florida and I'm sure has passed away by now. He was a friend of Mars The Magician (Austin Cockerell) who I have also been unable to locate. Lester claimed to have been the first magician to cut a woman in half with a buzz saw. Thanks again for any help or information.
Billy Harper, Charlotte, NC
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hi Billy,
Don't know who your looking for.Here is a led.Go to:

http://www.sideshowworld.com/ and email John there.Than try to get contact info on Ward Hall.He knew everybody.

Also get in touch with Phil Morris from Morris Costume right there in Charlotte N.C. he worked the road a lot back in the 50's.

Hope this helped.

Don
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
I met Lester's daughter about 25 years ago. She was involved with the restoration of the Pantages Theater in Tacoma, Washington, at the time. I think she was in her 70s then. She recalled assisting her Dad with the Buzz Saw. I am sure she's gone by now. A very nice lady, and if I recall correctly her name was Virginia Shackleford. (But my memory is dim!)
David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Noel Lester, carnival magician (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL