The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tim Wisseman's Spirit Telegraph (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Gwyd -- I think your idea could work, though it would take very careful scripting and a talented actor to keep it from becoming a farce. I think if I was to create a unit for the purpose, however, I would make it look more modern than this one. Present it with more of a pseud-scientific premise. But then what do I know? I am the one who has been giving serious consideration to doing mentalism effects with an animal as an intermediary Smile
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Marcel Vogel once did some experiements for IBM relative to the consciousness of plants and ways in which they communicate. This could lead in to what has been described above.

-J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
285 Posts

Profile of cocomax
I have finished "restoring" 6 of the spirit telegraphs and I have updated the web site http://home.comcast.net/~twisseman/tele/main.htm

You can now read the orignal spirit telegraph instruction sheets, I scanned them and turned them into a PDF file.

Please have a look,

Tim Wisseman
Ben G
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Ben G
This means that I'll soon be able to contact the spirits... Need to lean morse code though.
Tim, can't wait for mine to arrive !
Ben G
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Ben, you could use morse code, but I would recommend a simpler system for communication. A few reasons. 1- Why would the spirit know morse code? 2- Most of your audience wouldn't know morse code. 3- A few people in the audience would know morse code (hence you would have to do it very well). It seems to me like one tone for "yes", two for "no", and three for "I don't know" or something similar would keep people more engaged, since they could interpret that answers themselves.

Just a thought,

Dave
Ben G
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Ben G
Dave, I was just joking here Smile
But thanks anyway, if I was really about learning it, I would have thought twice about it.

-... . -.
Ben
Ben G
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Sorry Ben...

Hard to tell sometimes, especially if you don't know someone well. I have seen far worse ideas suggested with total sincerity. Smile

This really looks like a great piece, I would hate to see it "abused"

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Tim Wisseman's Spirit Telegraph (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL