The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Need ideas about effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

karvis
View Profile
Regular user
spain
133 Posts

Profile of karvis
Hello fellows,
I have a show twice a month, and I always do bizarre magic, people like in this pub this kind of magic.
now, I think they need some harder... I am thinking of do some with blood.
make a small cut on me, or spectetator, pour some blood in a special calice. this special calice is a samall chik pan, decorated as very old anda bizarre.

but.. what can I do ? por some blood, some hair, maybe, etc.. and transfor in..??

I havee been thinking but I don't get the idea....
thanks for help
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Attempt to create a living creature, but end up with a nasty, hairy lump of flesh. or a shriveled head only.

Make a story about this and have the failure of the experiment have dangerous consequences that you have to counter with another ritual (effect).
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3793 Posts

Profile of The Curator
A rubber chicken ?
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1346 Posts

Profile of handa
Curator funny...on many levels!

We used a dove pan for a "cloning" experiment gone wrong, very similar to what Bill is talking about but a bit less graphic. It played very well.

Change fire into blood. Light the fire first, do some incantations, offer a "sacrifice" and make the tranformation into a chalice of blood.

Chris
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Find a lady who is an aracnophobic... take a piece of hair from her sweater, have her write down her fear ( spiders ) the cut yourself and put your blood in the pan. Close it -- and tell her to visualize her fear...

Open the pan and reveal a tarantula...
xxx
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
Quote:
On 2006-11-25 13:19, Jeff Richards wrote:
Find a lady who is an aracnophobic... take a piece of hair from her sweater, have her write down her fear ( spiders ) the cut yourself and put your blood in the pan. Close it -- and tell her to visualize her fear...

Open the pan and reveal a tarantula...

Yeah, that's right. Find someone who is deathly afraid of spiders and produce a taratula! Now THAT'S Entertainment. Geeze don't you guys ever think?

Robin DeWitt
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
There is an old mojo idea where person brings a fresh egg to mojo and he/she pulls out the evil spirits from client and inserts into egg. when egg is broken is no longer fresh but rotten. Wouldn't want to do this in a pub or restaurant, but one never knows.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
Great idea to transform something into doug higleys dark museum piece.
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
Katterfel22
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, NC
130 Posts

Profile of Katterfel22
What about blood into wine. A kind of reverse sacrament. At the end, allow the spectators to drink the wine. Of course if you get this wrong kind of crowd this could get you burned at the stake. And getting out of that situation is a completly different trick altogether.
Of course with a few stooges in your crowd you could probably do both effects.Smile
Cave ab homine unius libri - Latin epigram
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1940 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Yes, I was think of Drak Museum thing goes inside the pan...

Cheers,
CC
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2860 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Bizarre magic doesn't need to have blood or similar stuff.

How about using what's already in a pub? Take a small piece of chicken or meat, drop it in the pan, and add a little water and powder. Cover it. Talk about the old Egyptian mummification process, how long it took, and how sometimes they had to accelerate it so they could bury the guy when the moon was right (or some such story). Pronounce your incantations, open the pan, and the meat has completely dried out: mummified.

You can get all kinds of background on mummification at the library or on-line, but what you want here is the part where the body was soaked in a natron (or nitre) solution for several weeks to dry it out. Natron is basically sodium carbonate, which is used for things like cleaning and water softening -- a product you might find in a pub. You don't even need to use the real thing: just substitute coarse salt or something similar.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Need ideas about effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL