The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 2 Reviews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Here is my reveiw of 2 videos:
1. Card Stunts - Greg Wilson
2. Pyrotechnic Pasteboards - Greg Wilson

The Reviews:
Card Stunts (9/10)
I love this style of card magic. It is very flashy and visual. I love his idea of joining flourishes with magic. I know he isn't the first too join these two but, his flourishes flow with the material in his video

My 3 Favorite routines on this video where
1. Heavyweight Boxing- (10/10) The Magician takes his cards out and shuffles them. Then in a blink of the eye the box jumps back on the cards. He takes them out again and they hop back on agian, but this time the box vanishes and the deck can be handed out.

This is a beautiful opening effect. Great way to get the spectators attention. When you first learn it the angles might seem bad but i have done this surrounded.

2. The Phoenix Split (10/10)- This is Greg's version of Paul Harris' Las Vegas Split.

I loved the concept behide Pauls trick but I never liked the handling. Greg version is very flashy and uses the ace production called "Phoenix Aces". Very good routine and a perfect lead into Re-set.

3. G-Force (9/10) - The magician tells the spectator to grab a card. She the picks the card that was just used for the prevous routine. Then they pick that card 3 more times; then to finish the routine the magician does a wicked card transpo.

This is an awsome routine, the only down-side is a spectator learns the magician can force cards.

Other Routine that were good was his "Boomerang Card of Death" and his handling of "Re-set".

Pyrotechnic Pasteboards - (7/10)

This wasn't as good as Card stunts but hand a couple really strong routines. I was very disappointed by the weak ace routine. He also teaches every sleight with great detail. I wish he would have gave a little more info on how to make the Acro Box. Also, there is only one camera in stead of the multi-cameras on Card Stunts.

My 2 favorite routines were:

1. Point Blank - (10/10)
I love this routine. You bring out some name cards and after a mind blowing ambitious card routine your signature fuses to the spectators in impossible conditions.

It doesn't use name tags but a double blank deck. It also is open to change because the blank deck allows for lots of double lifts.

2. Flash Back (10/10)
It is this really cool 8 phase routine with a killer ending. I close my routine with it because it is so good.

Also, the cards to pocket was really good and his lethal 4 was another strong routine.

Hope this helps

Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 2 Reviews (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL