We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Poachers Pouch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic chef
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of magic chef
Does anyone know where to get hold of a poachers style pouch from, pref in th uk?
I have tried cups and balls from both trouser pockets and very basic pouch on an apron the pouch has a lot more room etc but I prefer the angles with the trouser pocket, prob is that trouser pocket bulges like mad with all them loads in?
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

Contact Frank at http://www.theambitiouscard.com for a variety of pouches. He makes good stuff that gets rave reviews. He's in the US but I'm sure he ships to the UK. I believe Mario Morris, who contributes regularly on the sidewalk shuffle forum carries Frank's pouches, or has in the past, and Mario is located in the UK.

Joe Zeman aka
The Mage Ulysses
magic chef
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of magic chef
Many thanks MagiUlysses
spurs
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of spurs
Yeah I purchased my street pouch from amitiouscard, it took 6 days to come from the states, really good quality!
8thking
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of 8thking
Wouldnt one of those tool type ones work for you like this http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?......3B+Pouch
Jesus is alive:
Living proof you can’t keep a God man down
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-11-23 10:16, 8thking wrote:
Wouldnt one of those tool type ones work for you like this http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?......3B+Pouch

I used these or variants of these "nail bags" when I first started busking to various levels of success. They were OK, but not great. The best was when I stitched 2 of them together so I could hold larger loads for cups and balls.

Eventually I went with theambitiouscard.com and Frank's amazing pouches and gave my nail bag type pouches to a homeless dude who wanted to twist balloons, because that's about all it was really good for...

Go with the best, kids...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
aitchy
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of aitchy
I don't do street busking for a living but have done it a few times to make some cash when ive not been working and also use the (gazzo esq) cups and balls when ive done stage work - and I needed a pouch but didn't want to pay for the costly gazzo pouch etc - (until demand justifies that is.)

I made a pouch which works perfectly - it was originally a womans bag - I bought it 2nd hand for 40 pounds but it would have been 100 new- the leather quality is great and its really thick and tough. - I cut all the handles and buckles etc off it - then threaded it with stiff leather cord and a tough belt. took a few adjustments to get the angles right and to have it hang flat etc but now its spot on (i think)
it also has a few compartments for cards/tt/balls as well as plenty of room for 6 oroanges and mellon.

no one has called me up on it (inc other magicians)- and it now looks nothing like the bag it once was.
so if you cant afford a proper pouch - you could make one to use , until you can afford the gazzo pouch - though I'm happy with this for now

Aitchy

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Necessity is the mother of invention.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-11-24 18:58, aitchy wrote:
I don't do street busking for a living but have done it a few times to make some cash when ive not been working and also use the (gazzo esq) cups and balls when ive done stage work - and I needed a pouch but didn't want to pay for the costly gazzo pouch etc - (until demand justifies that is.)

I made a pouch which works perfectly - it was originally a womans bag - I bought it 2nd hand for 40 pounds but it would have been 100 new- the leather quality is great and its really thick and tough.

That bag looks great, I'm a big fan of homemade props!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
aitchy
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of aitchy
Thanks - it was tough to sew the leather becuase its so thick - ive huge amounts of respect for the work that goes into the High quality ones now I have had a go.

that bag was destined to become a pouch - I should buy more and sell them here- now that ive worked out what I'm doing - Any takers lol
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13383 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I admire your ability to make something yourself! As Gaddy said everyone should do that. I think you get a lot of satisfaction out of doing that. I did that with a table, a couple pouches, etc. Eventually I replaced them all with professionally made items but I'm still glad I did it.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
I started with a pouch I bought at lowe's, it looked exactly like what it was...a toolbelt.....
then I had Frank make me a set of pouches that would fit my act, 3 bags..
I'll never go back.......one of the best investments I ever made.....
Bill
Sideshow Rod
View Profile
New user
Portugal
51 Posts

Profile of Sideshow Rod
Anyone got any good ideas here to get a second hand Gazzo pouch ?
cheers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Poachers Pouch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL