The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New eBay Policy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I had a trick on eBay and received a notice today that I had been delisted because I do not have a paypal business account. Unreal! I have been selling and buying on eBay for years and unless I want to give a 3 pct cut from everything I sell (which isn't much), they wont let me list an item.

Just a FYI

Candini
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Yet another example that PayPal is not your friend.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Doesn't Ebay own Paypal?
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
In the words of Ed McMahon, "You are correct sir!"
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I can't put my finger on it, but I have a notion there's a teeny bit more to it ... maybe too high a volume for a regular account, maybe ... I dunno, email back and ask them exactly what makes your type of account ineligible.

Most merchants would be tickled pink if their credit card merchant fees amounted to only 3% - cost of doing business and all.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Doubtful I think. They don't have to give a reason.

Automated emails are worthless replies Rossmacrae. Just dribble. Why would they not like to take a paypal from a bank? Its the money thing, 3 pct of the volume EBAY brings in the millions. Nice addition to the standard fees.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
So instead of the instant payment, and quick delivery you get from paypal you want to write a check, put it in the mail, wait for the check to clear before there is any attempt to deliver the merchandise. My paypal transaction is usually same day shipment, and you prefer the old two week scenario. HMMMMMM
JUST A THOUGHT
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Al,

I don't want to do all that but Im just saying, the old days of keeping paypal for free are close to over. You draw 5 pct interest on your account. I still am using paypal. When Im an required to upgrade at 3 percent, I will probably change my mind. I don't have an Ebay store, just sell some tricks now and then. Thanks to Steve and the wonderful Café, I can use the trading section here.

Candini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New eBay Policy? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL