The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Tricks for childrens shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
in this post i will attempt to help people who are wondering what tricks to use in their kidshow, feel free to ask me
Smile
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
ok i'll bite, what do you think the best tricks are to perform? Josh
If a magician is not intending to "trick" a spectator, why is every "trick" called a magic "trick"?
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
How would you curve fit the cups and balls to best appeal to the little darlings? Thanks.
Jim Smile
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Tom, you make your post I know with sincerity and desire to help others. I've learned since I started adding my bits on this board around October that no matter how much experience you have (25 years in our case), kids entertainers are headstrong, argumentative, and are destined to find their own way in life through trial and error! I also find it amusing that the many different types of characters I find in my locality also reflected around the world, i.e. multi-prop. magicians, 'fold-flat' one suitcase magicians (I sometimes think if they could fold themselves flat they would!), magicians who want to control all the business around them at 10% etc. But it's still an entertaining place to visit as long as you don't take it too seriously isn't it? - Tony. Smile
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
for the cups and balls you could give each ball a name and stick those small googly eyes on them, i've found that this adds to enttertainment immensley

:clownjuggling: your pal tom
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Tom,
That's a great idea with the eyes! Thanks. Good work. Then I'll come up with a story that reflects what's happening to those little guys. What could the cups represent I wonder...? Have to think about that...
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
Yes, I also may use that! Thanks, Josh
If a magician is not intending to "trick" a spectator, why is every "trick" called a magic "trick"?
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Tom,
You have any idea for presenting the chinese sticks to children? Thanks.
Jim
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
That's a great idea with the googly eyes. Can I nick it?
Was that your idea Tom? If so bravo, nice work thanks for sharing.
I too would appreciate any flashes of inspiration on the sticks. I really don't have any special patter or routine with the sticks for kids as they are usually to busy telling me where the invisible string is. I do do a bit where I tell them to listen very carefully as the next bit is very important and put one of them in my mouth and say a big long sentence that no one can understand acompanied by over exagerated hand gestures they seem to find this very funny. Then perform the trick from mouth to hand.
P.S. I bite the middle of the stick. TO tip the stick you can pretend to be looking at the string and your head automatically tips.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Recently I have been wanting to get more time in with my c&b's so I have added them to my opening set that I do in conjunction with the Miser's Dream with music only. I ask the kids after the show what was some of their favorites & the cups & balls are always mentioned.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I had a little girl tell me the same thing--that the cups and balls was her favorite. This was in a mixed age audience and I just did my standard cups and balls routine without any kid specific patter.
Jim
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
Wait-Kids can see the cups and balls and whats going on from the audience??
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I wonder if you can use sand-castle buckets for kid's stage show?
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
yeah that's good you could use buckets and tennis balls you'd have to find a bucked that had a rim half way down the cup though. Why don't we rename this the cups and balls forum!
I had a thought yesterday, why not perform the misers dream and then with the coin you produce you can give it to the kid and then sell them some sweets what do you think?

Tom Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Tricks for childrens shows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL