The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My new gaff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
I am releasing a new gimmick idea, but since I am new to this forum I don't want to come right in and say "GO LOOK AT THIS" doing some shameless advertising. So I posted it to youtube under Exorcized Assembly. This is a gimmick that I think has great applications and at the same time is easy to carry around. Please let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Y-uk42z2E
Aim To Amaze
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Did I get it right?
The aces not only change, they disappear from the three 4-cards-pile?
If so, that is IMHO not as magical as just a pure transformation and maintaining the piles of 4 cards each.

But I might be alone with my opinion.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
There are many different ways you can perform Exorcized Assembly. This DVD revolves around a gimmick idea and examples of possibilities with said gimmick, not just the effects. Take a look at my website (which is in my profile) there is another effect demo of a signed coin in signed card using the same gimmick, which is also on the DVD. Exorcized Assembly is inspired by the original McDonalds Aces, which can be performed many many different ways, as so many magicians have already shown us.
Aim To Amaze
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
Are the cards examinable? If not there are already methods of doing this, however I am interested in seeing your new idea.
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Montemagic,
Is this a different gimmick than the one by Richard Sanders in his DVD Super Cards?

~John
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
I do talk about that gimmick for other effects on the DVD, The Exorcized assembly uses a new version of that. I was in contact with Richard during the production process and do talk about his DVD, which is an excellent one.
Aim To Amaze
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Montemagic,
Do you have a patter for this trick?

That would be my only critique to enhance the trick. Without the patter, the trick is a bit long for me. (i.e. the first minute of the trick there are not any effects.)

I liked how each ace disappeared in a different way.

Good job.
~John
Sean Ashton
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
15 Posts

Profile of Sean Ashton
The trick is really bluffing, very visual and strong effect but a bit long by the way.

I hope you can excuse my bad English but,
What do you mean by patter? What's the meaning of this word?
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
By patter he refers to the talking, or story, that goes along with the effect. Perhaps it was a bad decision on my part, but I planned on leaving that open to each persons individual taste. One of the things I love is creating my own story for each effect I perform, it kind of makes everything feel very personal and real.
Aim To Amaze
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Sean...Patter is the 'story' or lines of dialog or speech that moves a trick along a path. Helps the spectator understand what's going on or misdirects attention away from what's really going on.

Patter can also be a string of jokes while the trick is being performed.

Patter can easily be overdone.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
When I created the demo videos I really just wanted the content of the effect to get through, assuming that that is what most magicians are looking for when they shop new effects.

This is my first release and everyone’s opinions and request are really helping me for future releases. I appreciate all of your comments and emails, good and bad alike, you have all been wonderful. Thank you. Teachers and politicians could learn a lot from this community. For years they have been trying to convince people to get along and share ideas. They just need to take up magic. I am callin’ Bush.
Aim To Amaze
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My new gaff (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL