The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Done with Mirrors (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AmazingA
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
151 Posts

Profile of AmazingA
Who makes the best 'Done With Mirrors'? I have bought a couple in the past but they're all pretty old cards, and don't slide well...Maybe that's how they all are...

Thanks!
NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
Are you referring to Rainbow Cascade, Technicolour Jokers, Done with Mirrors (top secret magic), or the dudethatscoolmagic one?
chada13
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of chada13
I have one called Mirroraculous or something like that. I bought it maybe 10 years ago or so. There are 3-4 cards with mirrors (mirror-like finish) on the backs. If that is what you are looking for, then I can go through my stuff because I know I still have the instructions.
AmazingA
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
151 Posts

Profile of AmazingA
Hey, I'm not sure about those different names...I am talking about the one like chada said with the mirror finish...thanks!
chada13
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of chada13
Cardsbymartin.com is a great resource for specialty cards. I didn't see it on his website. Try to send an email to him. Good luck.
AmazingA
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
151 Posts

Profile of AmazingA
Cool thanks!!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I tried to make my own with heavy duty foil....OK, but not perfect...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
How would you go about that? Tape?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Glue stick..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
BTW, there was a dealer at the International Magic Convention this year, he was called Daniel Rhod I believe, he has a really cool done with mirrors / twisting effect, with ONLY 4 CARDS. He also sells a pack of 9 stickers to put on the back of cards- the stickers are like mirrors in different colours.
kiteshark
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of kiteshark
If you're looking for cards with mirror backs you can make your own for cheep.

Go to a hobby shop and ask for chrome MonoKote Trim Sheet. It's a thin mylar film that is peel and stick (but you have to get the Trim Sheet!) It makes perfect mirror backed cards.

To eliminate bubbles when you apply it, wet it first with a solution of dishwashing detergent and water. It'll let you slide it around and then squeege it down once it's in place. Let dry overnight.

Dave
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
I once bought a little roll of "mirror" self adhesive paper that you just have you cut and glue on any surface. You don't see yourself as goos as in a real mirror, but you have a very nice mirror card.
BTW, the "mirrors" DVD by Diamond Jim Tyler is dedicated to effect using such cards.
Jonathan.
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
608 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Just to let you know I have one of these brand new never used I would like to sell. Just pm me if you are interested.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
The best version was made and marketed by the originator of the effect my good friend Larry Mahan in the early 80's Sold for a whopping $2.00
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
I got an early set t well. Think I paid more than $2.00. Got 'em in a small magic shop in Boston before I discovered Hank Lee's first shop!
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-08-08 00:36, closeupcardist wrote:
The best version was made and marketed by the originator of the effect my good friend Larry Mahan in the early 80's Sold for a whopping $2.00

Actually, more accurate lineage would be... Larry performed this effect in his repitoire for a long time before first releasing it locally around 1978(ish) it wasn't until the early to mid 1980's that he marketed it to the masses and it became more widespread. The original and still IMHO the best.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

By the way for those that are curious it was self-marketed by Larry's company SONshine Entertainment.
Branden Darcel
View Profile
New user
Colorado Springs, CO
72 Posts

Profile of Branden Darcel
Done with Mirrors was one of the very first effects I ever bought. I used to do it all the time. Funny thing, I never do it anymore, but I still carry it with me when I'm doing magic...
Branden Darcel
Mental Illusionist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Done with Mirrors (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL