The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Visible Sawing by Mak Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
Does anyone have this Illusion?
I would like a review.
Thanks
victorkent
View Profile
New user
Narnia
76 Posts

Profile of victorkent
I have it. I do it. It plays well.
You want your audience back a little because the special something could be seen if they are hovering too close. However, a plus is it can be done surrounded.
Some people have their victim lie on the floor (think about having a cloth or something to lie on if you go that way.)
Also if you do it on the floor keep in mind visibilty for the audience...even on the average platform it may be tough to see if you're on the ground.
If you plan to work bigger stages then you want to go another route because it becomes harder to see the farther away you are from the audience. Company parties, living rooms, fairs,etc are OK venue sizes.
I have done it on a gurnee to a comedy medical theme.
Again presentation makes the trick come off.
The climax or anti-cliamx that the person isn't cut at the end of the trick can be a let down for the audience so you really need to prove the saw, blade, etc are "real".
Saw it done badly by several "magicians" because they didn't think the presentation through and one tried to present it in a serious (non-parody) of Copperfield and it got zero reaction from the audience.
Great illusion for the cost.
Great trick for TV promotional stuff.
-Good luck.
_VK
John 3:16
http://www.victorkent.com
http://www.kentfamilyillusionshow.com
[email]victor@victorkent.com[/email]
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
Thank you very much VictorKent
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Get the book "Do The Stuff That's You!" number 2, by Chris Carey. On page 44, there is a Visible Sawing routine in it. This is the one I do in my show. They love it! At the end of the routine we put a giant Band-Aid on them. Buy the book and read the routine. You will be happy with it!!

Magicusa
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
THANKS!
I have #1 & #2. Will find it immediately!
I have so many books. I try to get to
re-read them, but I have just too many.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24064 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I have it myself. I always give the blade out for examination before I perform it. I rarely perform it now because too many kids cry.
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
I intend to use it comedically using ideas from the above mentioned book.
If someone should cry then I will reconsider.
Thanks for your comments.
RichTom
View Profile
New user
Santa Monica, CA
17 Posts

Profile of RichTom
I once saw a clown do this routine - and he played it with surprisingly little comedy. Unfortunately, it didn't get a strong reaction. I guess you guys are right - presentation is everything.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3639 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
In the same vein, the Electric Jigsaw sawing is equally as good and can use most of the bits as outlined in the above postings and references. Perhaps a bit more modern and more common than a bow saw.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Visible Sawing by Mak Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL