The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Help Wanted: I need a metal worker... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I'm looking for a metal worker to fabricate a small metal chute for finger rings, coins, etc. to pass through... I'd like to use it with a "Strong Box" type of effect. It isn't too big of a chute (3-1/2 to 4 inches max) and made from aluminum or stainless.

If you can help me, please PM me and I will send you the drawings I've compiled for this project... We can negotiate a price as well...

Thanks,
Bryan Gilles
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
It really doesn't have to be fancy looking as it will be hidden from sight, so if your welding isn't top-of-the-line, that's alright!

-Bryan
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Check the phone book for pre-fab welding shops. Maybe sheet metal would work better. Check sheet metal shops. This was how I built my levitation!

Best
Ray
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I've called around locally; however, most of the shops require a $45.00 per hour fee. I was hoping to find someone (more of a hobbiest) to help me out.

I've also looked into air conditioner shops as they fab a lot of metal as well!

-Bryan
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
http://discountsteel.com/ they probably already have a tube the size you need, and can cut it to lengths. They also do fabrication work, and their prices have pleased me on many occasions.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Thank you "LeapingLizards" I sent them an email with my specs. Until I hear back from them, I'm still searching for some help...

-Bryan
m.ruetz
View Profile
Veteran user
Peoria Arizona, USA
378 Posts

Profile of m.ruetz
This doesn't sound too complicated especially if appearance if not a big issue. I would imagine you can do this yourself out of sheet metal. Pick up a book on sheet metal working. Sheet metal can be soldered rather than welded so that no expensive equipment is needed. Th skills you learn from this project will be useful on future ones as well.
MagicGizmo: Magic Articles, Classifieds, Videos, and more
http://magicgizmo.com
Lucky13
View Profile
New user
Orange County, California
15 Posts

Profile of Lucky13
Just stumbled onto this post...I am an ironworker and metal fabricator that lives in Orange County...shoot me a PM and we can discuss this....would be happy to help you out if you still need it...

Alan
If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith...

Albert Einstein
Bill Rubie
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
61 Posts

Profile of Bill Rubie
Maybe you could try a High School that has a shop class. Or a Community College.
When a person starts off a factual statement with "They Say"...

Please ask, who are they?

Bill
mkiger
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mkiger
Hobby shops sell sheet brass angles and sheets. You could epoxy or solder the seams.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Thanks for all the help on this guys... I had a fellow Café member help me with this. It turned out beautifully! I can't wait to start using it in the routine...

-Bryan
Lucky13
View Profile
New user
Orange County, California
15 Posts

Profile of Lucky13
Glad you like it Bryan....talk to you soon...

Alan
If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith...

Albert Einstein
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Hi Bryan,

I'll make it for you. PM me and we can talk. I'll call you if you send me your number. There are many ways we can go sbout it. It is really sad that these types of construction are so limited due to schools discontinuing shop classes.

Dr. Solar
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I want to second the suggestion about a high school or local community college shop class. I learned metal work in a high school shop class, but as anyone in that line of work can tell you , it takes a lot of expensive speciality tools and a pretty good size shop to use them in. I have successfully turned more than once to the local high school shop teacher with my plans and have found them more than willing to do some top quality work for you at a very reasonable price. Teachers aren't the best paid profession, and a little side change always comes in handy.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Help Wanted: I need a metal worker... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL