The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rough & Smooth HELP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Its been a long time but when you rough and smooth cards does the fluid go on the face of one card and the back of the other card or does it just need to be on one of the cards..
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Treat both surfaces of any pair that you wish to behave properly.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Thanks Michael..thats what I thought
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
That's a very good hint... but don't expect it to last forever. Some fluids or sprays may hold on longer. Anyway, you have to renew it after some time. But it's absolutely right: it's always better to prepare both sides. This will also improve to "refresh new layers" at a second preparation. But after this is "worn" again, I would recommend to prepare a new pack.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
I'm going to guess there's possibly a language barrier at play here, but it's not "better" to prepare both sides, it's absolutely mandatory.

If you only do one side she don't be workin' for ya'!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5771 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The roughing fluid will go on different areas, depending on the effect you're using it for. I have some decks that I've treated over 12 years ago, and they still work like new. But, then again, I make IDs out of PVC cards.
kroberge
View Profile
New user
Old Town, Maine
75 Posts

Profile of kroberge
I just started playing around with roughing fluid and I have a question. I used Krylon and the cards came out fine but they smell like Krylon. Does the smell go away? I don't think I put too much on (though I could be mistaken). Have any of you had issues with your cards smelling like they've been treated?

Thanks,

Kevin
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2006-12-25 10:09, kroberge wrote:
I just started playing around with roughing fluid and I have a question. I used Krylon and the cards came out fine but they smell like Krylon. Does the smell go away? I don't think I put too much on (though I could be mistaken). Have any of you had issues with your cards smelling like they've been treated?

Thanks,

Kevin

The smell will go away.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
AaronTheMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of AaronTheMagician
By the way, if you're in a tight jam, you know your ID has lost some of its roughage, hairspray is a perfect quick fix. Smile
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2006-12-25 23:58, AaronTheMagician wrote:
By the way, if you're in a tight jam, you know your ID has lost some of its roughage, hairspray is a perfect quick fix. Smile

It may be a quick fix, (I've never got hairspray to work right!), but you will ultimately detroy the deck. Might as well keep your ID in good working order.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Has anyone used roughing fluid on anything other than playing cards? In other words, can the ID principle be used on other things, like pictures or something else?
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
397 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Yup, record albums spring to mind
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Records! ROFL

It should work on most inherently smooth items, try business cards for all blank to printed effect.
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Acmp,

actorscotty was referring to the album covers or jackets.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
397 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Thanks stanton, yes old Copperfield routine , talking about fave albums, now a collectors item etc, mental effect
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Don Wayne's Top Ten, credited to David Copperfield and Billy McComb. Similar effect to McCombical Prediction Deck, but with record album covers.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rough & Smooth HELP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL