The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » MAGIC LOCK BOX by Pocket Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Dec.01/06

What The Audience Sees:

"This week, Jamie had this little plastic box with a dollar bill inside it. He would turn his back and the bill would be out of the box. He did it again and the bill was back inside, but when he asked us to get the bill out, we couldn't open the box! It was almost as incredible as his Anything Is Possible Bottle which has been nominated as a 1 in 12 Finalist in Ripley's Believe It Or Not contest. Heck, I'm going to go vote at http://www.ripleys.com right now!"

How It Went:

I'm always fascinated by what's sold as 'Magic' in regular stores and I found this in a high end department store for five bucks, so I thought it would be fun to give it a whirl and try and find a good presentation for it. It's one of those clear boxes that can only be opened if you know the secret. It's surprisingly well made and I kind of like it. It would never make it into a gig or anything, "Hello, sir, I'm Jamie, the magician. GET THIS BILL OUT OF THE BOX! C'MON, DO IT! YOU CAN'T CAN YOU?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" but it is pretty neat.

Best Lines:

'How do you do it?'- Well, I went to this department store...
'Where's the other box?'- a compliment to my sleight of hand skills, apparently.

Angry Bob Rating:

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday's because he can tell me how he figured out how the effect is done... A high rating means he'll never figure it out.

Well, I made Angry Bob's Christmas, that's for sure.

"Here yo go Bob, it's know magically sealed and completely unopenable. Please, try..."

'That's f%@$%^@ amazing. Let me see it...' -he grabbed it and opened it immediately, lol-'...BOOM #$%@$%^%@^%$!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT MAGICMAN! WHAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YOU $%#^%%#$$@ S#^^^#&&* think #$%@$^&&# that ^@*&^#*^ I've waited a long $@%$^%%$@@$^%@ time for this @$%$@^$^%@$%$!!!!!!!!!

It seems that Angry Bob's uncle had given him this exact same box like 30 years ago. Well, you can't win 'em all. 0/10.

My Rating:

Let's give it a 5/10. It would be a great gift for a kid, definitely, but again, nothing that I would use in a working environment.

The JDG Tip:

Don't do this one for Angry Bob...

Closing Thoughts:

As you all know, Dec 15th is a big day for me because of the whole Ripley's thing but I'll also have some other news that will be affecting future of Magic Friday. Stay tuned...

AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

Jamie D. Grant

p.s. Why are you still reading? Go vote! Lol!
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » MAGIC LOCK BOX by Pocket Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL