The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gravitate (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
Peter: I recieved Gravitate yesterday and I am very happy with it.......but why am I surprised, I am happy with EVERYTHING I have ever purchased from you. This should work really well for all the types of performances I do whether for children or adults. Thanks for the quick shipping and providing very well made props.

Can't wait for your next release
Regards,
Charlie
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Hi Charlie, could you please write up a longer review on this? I have yet to see one and I think it would be most helpful. So when you get a sec please give us more. Thanks.......

magicmike30
Entertainer
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

[quote]On 2007-03-24 16:19, magicmike30 wrote:
Hi Charlie, could you please write up a longer review on this? I have yet to see one and I think it would be most helpful. So when you get a sec please give us more. Thanks.......

magicmike30
[/quote/

I have only had this for two days, but I feel that I can deliver this effect in such a way that it will be entertaining and mystifying. The video, I feel, is an accurate representation of how the whole thing will be presented. Peter has already planned all the moves and steps for presentation, so it is just a matter of following the directions. If you have E1 and you like that, like I do, you will like this one. All props are well built and sturdy enough to take the abuse I give things over a period of time. The directions are all in written form with some photographic illustrations, and everything is easily understood. I really think this will look good when performed. Like the E1 and E2, however, it will be necessary to practice to make it smooth in performance. The only problem I have with practice is that my schedule is so full that finding the time to do this becomes challenge.

I hope this helps a little. If not, let me know.
charlie
May every day be magic!

annemarie
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of annemarie
Misterillusion, can you use two chairs for supports when performing gravitate and do all of your body parts have to be of the ground, or could you make it look like you are blancing on like your finger or a foot or your head
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-03-27 17:31, annemarie wrote:
Misterillusion, can you use two chairs for supports when performing gravitate and do all of your body parts have to be of the ground, or could you make it look like you are blancing on like your finger or a foot or your head

The two supports need to be about 6 inches high for this to work properly. Two chairs would not be a good idea. All of your body parts do not have to be off the ground. You could have your finger or foot or head touching the floor if you want. That's kind of an interesting idea.
May every day be magic!

annemarie
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of annemarie
One more question can you do gravitate without the mat. also what do you use for supports
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Supports I have used a cardboard box and small wodden blocks..
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-03-28 18:54, annemarie wrote:
One more question can you do gravitate without the mat. also what do you use for supports

You can use anything for supports as long as they are the proper height. I just received my Gravitate so I have not put my support props together yet. I plan to use cardboard boxes which can be layed out flat for packing. I may apply red contact paper to the boxes to make them look a little better.

As far as the mat goes, you can do the illusion without the mat if you want, but it is 1000% more deceptive with the mat. I have applied the mat principle to my E1 effect also for the same reason.

I hope this helps,
Charlie
May every day be magic!

toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Problem is...wont a "street" audience get down to look?
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Can you put one support where the gimmick is so you look like you are balencing on one support and then they can look under you. This would have to be close to the head to work though, but is it possible?
GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
...It maybe a mistake to 'float' yourself in this illusion; I think it would play a lot stronger if it were performed on your assistant and as a suspension, not a levitation - this leaves you free to take care of audience management.

GS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gravitate (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL