The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..15..27..39..51..63~64~65~66~67..71~72~73 [Next]
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2015, Phren wrote:
Just bought it and after reading a few pages, this looks like money well spend. For the next couple of days I know what I'll be reading Smile

I think yoy gonna need a little more than a few days to read it all... LOL ... good reading bro
actorcoop
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
Just got the new supplement! After a moment of re-bookmarking all of my favorites from my last copy, I jumped right into the new additions. I've got to say, I like this even BETTER than the first impromptu supplement. The second effect is very good, and the materials are very easy to find or adjust for the routine. I also like that you can make this as "test conditions" as possible. You technically never have to touch the cups, and you never see how the spectator handles them- it looks impossibly fair. I'm excited to put this cups idea to work!
*I knew you were going to read this
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
3 Normal Cups are used.
Nothing is gimmicked, altered, or prepared at any time.
The participant places any small object under a cup, while the mentalist turns away.
The participant thoroughly mixes the cups for as long as he wants, while the mentalist turns away.
The mentalist immediately knows which cup contains the object.
The mentalist does not need to ever touch the cups or the object.
Can be done blindfolded. (I should have mentioned that in the instructions!)

Only $150

Or maybe free.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Like a lot of folks who are hobby-level performers, I used to have the "newest and coolest" bug. Lately, I have been trying to see if I can replicate the stated effect of new and interesting tricks (or new to me, as many have been on the market for years) with the information I already have. The three resources I find most useful are Corinda, Waters, and Switchcraft. Anything to do with bits of paper or adaptable to bits of paper can probably be done with no more resources than what is right there in Switchcraft.

My one complaint (very minor one) is the lack of a full index. As time allows, I have been trying to put one together, but I keep getting interested in the content of the enormous document ("Oh, I forgot all about this idea - how could I make use of that?") and really haven't gotten very far with it.

I keep making lists of things I want to buy and crossing everything off the list because it can all be done with the information I already have. In one underpriced e-book.

I bet it would sell more if it were priced higher because my initial thoughts were "for only $20, can it really be as good as everyone says?" Um, yeah, it can.

So, like so many other folks, I have to say Thank You, Elliott.

-Patrick
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Haven't had a chance to look at the new supplement(s) but they're always nice to get.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, Gentlemen.

I really appreciate that you guys took the time to post on this thread.

I have been working hard on the supplement delivery system, and it seems to be paying off. So far, only two people reported not getting the latest supplement. Now, if everyone downloads it during the one-week window, then all will be well.

All supplements went out last night.

So far there have been two volumes of “Impromptu Mental Effects” and I would love to send out many more (I just need to actually write them Smile ).

Seven mentalists have already written to me that they are working on contributions for future impromptu supplements, so things are definitely looking good at this time. Hopefully even more people will sign on (I can hope, right?)

I would like to take a moment to thank the incredible Neal Scryer and Richard Webster for contributing “Last One Standing”, a really fantastic impromptu mentalism routine. Really, really, fantastic.

For the record, the Switchcraft file available on my Switchcraft site now includes:

Switchcraft
The Billet Machine
Billet Proof
Silver Billet
Back from the Dead
Stack Master
CT's Switch
Q 4 U 2
The Zombie Chicken Read
Alexander Marsh’s Tel.
Ken Krenzel’s Psychologia
Secrets of the Masters Volume One
Secrets of the Masters Volume Two
Playing with Blocks
Secrets of the Masters Volume Three
Tervil Extra Bold and Other Cool Stuff
The Switchcraft Holiday Special
Three
ConFab Four and More!
Chiber & Other Cool Stuff
Cast Your Billet
Flashers of Inspiration – Vol. 1
Holiday Special 2014 – Vol. 1
Slip of the Mind
Impromptu Mental Effects – Vol. 1
Impromptu Mental Effects – Vol. 2

And The Mind Blasters USA files on my Mind Blasters USA site now come with:

Mind Blasters USA
Advanced L&D
Beating a Living & Dead Horse
The Infallible Billet - A Method for Impossible Predictions
Flashes of Inspiration Vol. 2
The Rock Paper Scissors Manuscript
Holiday Special 2014 - Vol. 2
Jheff’s Journal of the Mind – Volume 4, Issue 24 (featuring me)

If anyone on my mailing list did not receive the latest Switchcraft supplement, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again,

Elliott
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2015, Mr. Woolery wrote:
My one complaint (very minor one) is the lack of a full index. As time allows, I have been trying to put one together, but I keep getting interested in the content of the enormous document ("Oh, I forgot all about this idea - how could I make use of that?") and really haven't gotten very far with it.
-Patrick

I agree. I recently got Switchcraft and I LOVE it! I copied it over to kindle and took on holiday with me. Impossible to print 700+ pages and have them handy. It's OK on Kindle but missing good index. It's very minor thing comparing with what you get. It's barely complain really. There is material for years of reading and thank you so much for that!!!
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
innermind
View Profile
Regular user
suburban Detroit
154 Posts

Profile of innermind
These updates are awesome and much appreciated!

Perhaps it would be a good idea to allow a longer time than one week to download the update for those folks who happen to be confined in a hospital (or mental asylum Smile ), or in the middle of an outdoor excursion/adventure Smile , or simply out of commission for a while. Smile

David
"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else." -Will Rogers
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Ask and I receive. Turns out Mr. Bressler had already put an index into the PDF. I just checked my e-mail and he told me:

"Incidentally, if you click on the bookmarks tab in Acrobat, you will get a full index for the whole Switchcraft. Click on any item and you will immediately be taken to it."

So, for anyone else who had not figured this out, there really is an index. Now I can't think of any way to improve it. Beyond more fun supplements.

And something else I love is seeing how many other folks are stepping up to offer or allow the use of effects or variations to be added to Switchcraft. I suspect this is pretty rare and may well have to do with how much people feel they have been given (not simply purchased) in this massive collection and they want to give back. Inspiring, it is.

-Patrick
actorcoop
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2015, Mr. Woolery wrote:
"Incidentally, if you click on the bookmarks tab in Acrobat, you will get a full index for the whole Switchcraft. Click on any item and you will immediately be taken to it."

I read this from my iPad, and a table of contents is accessible if you're reading this in iBooks!

I also, I agree with Mr. Woolery's later comment as well. It IS inspiring to see a work where so many people have contributed because of the quality that Switchcraft upholds. I've been recently reading the complete JINX and often the two feel very similar- a work like this is proof of the ongoing brilliance and generosity of the mentalism community…Makes me proud to be a part of this art.
*I knew you were going to read this
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Page 753, "Color chaniging rubber band sold separately".
Hahaha I laughed! Smile
MarkToland
View Profile
New user
Chicago
35 Posts

Profile of MarkToland
One of my favorite resources!
Mind reading Web Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxXGYrmekzI

Member PEA
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks guys!!

Finished another supplement at record speed.
Hopefully, the quality of the effects won't be perceived to reflect the time spent writing it!
Just sent it to a good friend for editing.

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2015, Marc O wrote:
Page 753, "Color chaniging rubber band sold separately".
Hahaha I laughed! Smile

I wondered if anyone would notice that.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
So, I sent something out. And I know at least a few people got it. But I called someone on my list, and he said he hasn't gotten it yet. Anybody else not get it?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I got it along with some videos for Mac. Thanks so much Elliott!
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Me too Smile
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Thank you Elliott!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Got it, thank you so much Elliott.

Bill
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, Gentlemen.

I REALLY appreciate that you guys took the time to post on this thread - especially as a lot of people are on vacation at this time of year.

All supplements went out last night.

So far there have been three volumes of “Impromptu Mental Effects” and I would love to send out many more.

I have already started the next three volumes, although I am considering allowing for a little more time to elapse between volumes so people don't get sick of them.

I would like to take this moment to thank Marco de Keizer, my co-author for this supplement.

For the record, the Switchcraft file available on my Switchcraft site now includes:

Switchcraft
The Billet Machine
Billet Proof
Silver Billet
Back from the Dead
Stack Master
CT's Switch
Q 4 U 2
The Zombie Chicken Read
Alexander Marsh’s Tel.
Ken Krenzel’s Psychologia
Secrets of the Masters Volume One
Secrets of the Masters Volume Two
Playing with Blocks
Secrets of the Masters Volume Three
Tervil Extra Bold and Other Cool Stuff
The Switchcraft Holiday Special
Three
ConFab Four and More!
Chiber & Other Cool Stuff
Cast Your Billet
Flashers of Inspiration – Vol. 1
Holiday Special 2014 – Vol. 1
Slip of the Mind
Impromptu Mental Effects – Vol. 1
Impromptu Mental Effects – Vol. 2
Impromptu Mental Effects – Vol. 3

And The Mind Blasters USA files on my Mind Blasters USA site now come with:

Mind Blasters USA
Advanced L&D
Beating a Living & Dead Horse
The Infallible Billet - A Method for Impossible Predictions
Flashes of Inspiration Vol. 2
The Rock Paper Scissors Manuscript
Holiday Special 2014 - Vol. 2
Jheff’s Journal of the Mind – Volume 4, Issue 24 (featuring me)

If anyone on my mailing list did not receive the latest Switchcraft supplement, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again,

Elliott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..15..27..39..51..63~64~65~66~67..71~72~73 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL