The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (166 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..35..43..51..59..67..68~69~70 [Next]
Andreas S.
View Profile
New user
Germany
60 Posts

Profile of Andreas S.
I also would like to say Thank yoi.
I'm going to Berlin this week by train and I will take this book with me.
As far as I can say now, this is a really great book.

Thank you Elliot
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much for your post, Tangle. I’m glad that you’re enjoying the book.
Your coin background has the potential for being a tremendous advantage when it comes to billet work. Many top magicians and coin workers use assorted coin switches and false transfers with billets and pellets. A very popular cross genre technique is the Shuttle Pass. Annemann, himself, describes a billet move very much resembling a Shuttle Pass on page 16 of Practical Mental Magic. So, you gotta know that those coin skills will come in handy.

Andreas, I very much appreciate your comments, and hope that Switchcraft makes your train ride enjoyable.

Elliott
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1324 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Switchcraft is easily the best purchase I've made in a long, long time. I know it's been updated several times. The last supplement I have is "The Zombie Chicken Read". Has it been updated since? I bought it about a year and a half ago or so, and since then have changed e-mail addresses, so just wondered if I have the latest (and greatest).
tangle
View Profile
New user
australia
80 Posts

Profile of tangle
I believe there has been two more since the zombie chicken.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hi Mr. Mindbender,

Thank you for the kind words.

You’re missing a great close-up billet reading technique by Alexander Marsh, a stage routine described to me by the nearly legendary Ken Krenzel, a description of the classic Temple Switch, a handling for Richard Osterlind’s popular lighter move…and, most of all, an original illustration of Annemann Smile

I just sent you a PM. Hopefully, we’ll get you those two supplements fairly soon.

Elliott
Daylite
View Profile
New user
Germany
98 Posts

Profile of Daylite
Hello Elliot:
I just got my copy of your wonderful e-book.

All I can say is WOW. Smile

This has to be one of the best purcheses I'v made in the last 2 years.

All this for only 20 bucks. Man what a great deal.

Its great to see that in a world were a lot of people are just trying to get something for nothing by ripping others off with sub standered offerings for high prices there are still gentalmen that give you your moneys worth and more.

Daylite Smile
Mentalism only happens in our minds.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, Daylite.

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the book.

One of my goals was to ensure that I gave purchasers their money’s worth.

I hope to add even more value in the future.

Elliott
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
Quote:
One of my goals was to ensure that I gave purchasers their money’s worth.

Elliott - You have certainly exceeded that goal.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you Aaron, I very much appreciate your post.

Elliott
tangle
View Profile
New user
australia
80 Posts

Profile of tangle
Wow ive just somehow acquired the one handed annemann switch!
now ive just gotta routine covering the thing.
thanks again elliot.
tangle
View Profile
New user
australia
80 Posts

Profile of tangle
I have also finally realised that a square peice of normal paper folded a third time works well, I'm having a little trouble fitting business cards with my 'image' they are a little incongruent,anybody wanna share any useful ploys?
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hi Tangle,

As far as routine suggestions go, I think the Pusillanimous Billet Read, from the Billet Proof supplement, is a nice place for you to start. You get a full billet read and a double-punch effect, all from one easy move. If you are not using the Phenomenal Three Billet Alternative (see page 264 for an example,) you can incorporate the subtlety mentioned by Alexander Marsh in the Tel. Supplement (see page 316.)

Regarding paper, there are all sorts of options. I prefer using business cards, but not everyone does. Also, standard business cards may be too big or too small for a person’s hands. Index cards can be pre-cut to an exact match for your hands. You can use lined cards or double-blank cards. Blank business cards can also be used or cut to size.

I have, on semi-impromptu occasions, used wedding place cards as billets. They can be torn in half to get two business card sized billets. I have also used the receipts I get when I buy Long Island Rail Road Tickets. They are just the right size.

I like to use a quarter fold, but at least for the Annemann Switch, other options are certainly viable. Annemann, himself, used more folds, as described in his works and Practical Mental Magic. Stuart Cumberland is also a proponent of the Annemann style of folding a billet.

Thanks again,

Elliott
tangle
View Profile
New user
australia
80 Posts

Profile of tangle
Wow I'm having a great time with this, learning lots daily!
Elliot thanks for the super helpful post.
and your blocking discussion in the book has really helped me, I was doing it badly even though I have unexpected.
the Pusillanimous Billet Read! actually that has been my choice to work on,(you mentalists just cant stop can you?),i love it, have thought of including a short reading using the symbols, with the revelaton almost as an afterthought.
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
415 Posts

Profile of Paradise
Got to reiterate this is brilliant, went to print it all the other day and hadnt realised how long it had got with all the add ons
tangle
View Profile
New user
australia
80 Posts

Profile of tangle
Yeah, I just decided to print just a few bits and ended up with almost sixty pages
luxor07
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of luxor07
Amazing body of work. Thanks again Elliot!
merlin1979
View Profile
Veteran user
Bottling the impossible
328 Posts

Profile of merlin1979
Well, I was a 'late adopter' of this, but it has been well worth the purchase. This is the clearest, most brilliant thing I have bought on mentalism in ages! The photos and clear explanations are the bees' knees and the book just keeps on growing. Thanks Elliot!
Merlin
First do no harm...

http://www.impossibottle.co.uk

***Now with new impossibottles for SALE!***
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you, Tangle, Paradise, luxor07 and Merlin.

I really appreciate your posts.

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I updated the Inner Thoughts Thread pertaining to Secrets of the Masters.

Please keep those ideas coming!!

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Earlier this morning, a Café member granted me permission to include, in Secrets of the Masters, a diabolically clever billet idea he shared with me a long while back.

Keep those ideas coming folks!!

Elliott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (166 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..35..43..51..59..67..68~69~70 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL