The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..15..27..39..51..62~63~64~65~66..71~72~73 [Next]
Sam Hagen
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Hagen
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2015, actorcoop wrote:
WOW. I am now fully caught up on Switchcraft and it's wonderful (VERY generous) supplements. This work has ABSOLUTELY expanded my vocabulary on b***et work.

Some highlights for me:

*Elliot's wonderful thoughts on Mu**ple O**s on p.83 of V34… A plus thinking IMHO.
*The Pusillanimous B***et Read is worth the price of the book alone for me. (I performed this the other night, and it KILLED.)
*All the work on Acidus Novus contained in Switchcraft really excited me
*I love the Hannukah friendly routines in the holiday specials (My Bubbie is going to KVEL over these.)

… I would keep going but I want to keep some of the gems hidden for those who are still on the fence. (Is ANYONE still on the fence about Switchcraft?)

I thank Elliot Bressler deeply for these generous supplements, and his thorough sourcing of material. Switchcraft appeals to me as a fantastic springboard into the many avenues of b***et and switch work.

Cheers,
Cooper

Agree. Pusillanimous BR is simply brilliant and flexible.

S. H.
May you live in interesting times.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
"Elliot's wonderful thoughts on Mu**ple O**s on p.83 of V34… A plus thinking IMHO."

This has become my baseline approach to multiple outs. So clever.
Sam Hagen
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Hagen
Has anyone experimented utilising the techniques on Switchcraft for non-billet stuffs? I have tweaked the handling for Mike Rose's The Grail with EB Cl** S****h for normal playing card, eliminating the gimmick.
pavelrodzevich
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of pavelrodzevich
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2015, Sam Hagen wrote:
Has anyone experimented utilising the techniques on Switchcraft for non-billet stuffs? I have tweaked the handling for Mike Rose's The Grail with EB Cl** S****h for normal playing card, eliminating the gimmick.

I think it would be great for "torn and restored" effect
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you, Sam, pavelrodzevich, T.G Jones, sjrw, Cooper, ko_brian, Pawel. Alex, and Marc O!

I really appreciate your posts.

(Your posts let people know that Switchcraft exists. It’s the only way I ever sell anything. To me, one post is worth more that 1,000 PM’s and emails.)

I put together a quick supplement for Volume Two of the Impromptu Mental Effects series. There are only two impromptu tricks within – but they are very good ones.

I have many additional volumes of Impromptu Mental Effects in the works, with lots of my own material plus pending contributions from top mentalists around the world. I am considering also including classic impromptu material, but am undecided on that.

Anyways, the next supplement is done. I just need to edit and work on the cover image and tweak the mailing list a little to get even better delivery results.

Thanks again,

Elliott

PS. Sam, I've used the various techniques with business cards, envelopes, playing cards, esp cards, index cards, paper currency, post-its, paper, wedding cards, newspaper, etc.
WooverM
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of WooverM
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2015, ElliottB wrote:
Thank you, Sam, pavelrodzevich, T.G Jones, sjrw, Cooper, ko_brian, Pawel. Alex, and Marc O!

I really appreciate your posts.

(Your posts let people know that Switchcraft exists. It’s the only way I ever sell anything. To me, one post is worth more that 1,000 PM’s and emails.)

I put together a quick supplement for Volume Two of the Impromptu Mental Effects series. There are only two impromptu tricks within – but they are very good ones.

I have many additional volumes of Impromptu Mental Effects in the works, with lots of my own material plus pending contributions from top mentalists around the world. I am considering also including classic impromptu material, but am undecided on that.

Anyways, the next supplement is done. I just need to edit and work on the cover image and tweak the mailing list a little to get even better delivery results.

Thanks again,

Elliott

PS. Sam, I've used the various techniques with business cards, envelopes, playing cards, esp cards, index cards, paper currency, post-its, paper, wedding cards, newspaper, etc.

I'm still amazed you put more stuff... I'd suggest adding a paypal donation button whenever you send out supplements, so those who benefit from it will donate whatever they please.

Again, thank you so much.
Woover
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
My pleasure.

Editing and cover image are done.

Tomorrow night, I plan to work with the mailing list a little to improve delivery results.
Sam Hagen
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Hagen
Quote:
Aug 10, 2015, ElliottB wrote:

Newspaper? Now this is getting interesting...
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
It finally happened. There now exists two Very Effective pieces of mentalism using the cups and balls. Sort of. You'll see.

One uses three humans in the way that one would use three loads in two cups. The other takes an Al Koran idea and goes a little crazy with it. And each is impromptu; the second one a little less than the first. On the other hand, I surprised myself by having the items needed - right next to my desk.

These two Very Effective pieces of mentalism are the newest addition to Switchcraft, the never-ending, always-growing masterpiece of billets, switches, and general tomfoolery and mentalism from our own Elliott. You probably guessed that, because this is his thread. What you didn't know was that the second routine (my favorite of the two) is by Elliott hisself. The first one is by one of those mysterious behind-the-scenes guys, who uses a pseudonym, so I've forgotten who he is.

Switchcraft is now up to 767 pages. If you haven't bought it yet - for goodness' sake, what are you waiting for?

*jeep! and God Bless!
----Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Crippen
View Profile
New user
Washington, D.C.
79 Posts

Profile of Crippen
Folks, Switchcraft is like Wal-Mart stock, you always wish you'd bought it earlier. Buy it now. You will benefit from your purchase immediately AND you will benefit from Elliott's on-going generosity after your purchase. This a true no-brainer. Buy it.
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Received V35. The best deal in magic I have ever came across. So much information, so many good ideas. Thank you so much for all of this Elliot.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Switchcraft is, quite simply, a master course in mentalism. The amount of value, staggering. Thank you, Elliott!
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On May 27, 2008, John Nesbit wrote:
Watching and waiting.

Switchcraft is a real treasure.

7 years later (after the above post), it continues to inspire and beckon to the imagination and emotional anticipation of performing and creating new applications for ever evolving situations. Thank you again, Elliott ! Good hearing from you too !

John
WooverM
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of WooverM
I would have been satisfied getting 10% of Switchcraftv35 for that amount of money and I would say it's a great deal, now, I say it's not a great deal... It's the best bargain you can find on mentalism.

Thank you Elliot!
Woover
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
I agree the best value mentalist product ever.
If only I had bought Apple shares at the same time.
Do your self a favour and buy it now!!!
Thanks Elliot:-)
Phren
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Phren
Just bought it and after reading a few pages, this looks like money well spend. For the next couple of days I know what I'll be reading Smile
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2015, Phren wrote:
Just bought it and after reading a few pages, this looks like money well spend. For the next couple of days I know what I'll be reading Smile

I think it'll be years rather than days ...

Thanks yet again, Elliott!

Barry
XyGreg
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of XyGreg
Another big thank you for Elliott, he deserves it Smile I received V35 of switchcraft and the new "impromptu mental effect" chapter is really great, as the rest of the stuff in that bible Smile
Perfectionist
View Profile
New user
Rome - Italy
4 Posts

Profile of Perfectionist
Thank a lot Elliott,
I'm amazed at your excellent material and generosity.

To this day Switchcraft is my best magic purchase ever, and I always wait eagerly for new supplements.

I think Switchcraft is already a milestone in magic literature and that it will be considered for decades as one of the best works.
Really a must have!

I unreservedly suggest everyone who doesn't already have it, to buy a copy of your monumental e-book...!
XyGreg
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of XyGreg
The Detective Potatoe Head routine will definitely go in my "impromptu repertoire": fun, entertaining, simple and yet effective. And there is a LOT of variations and ideas around the principle. Really inspiring, thanks again Elliott Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..15..27..39..51..62~63~64~65~66..71~72~73 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL