The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..23..35..47..59..71~72~73 [Next]
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Top notch stuff and well worth the money.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you very much!!!

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hi,

Over time, quite a few people emailed me that they could not buy Switchcraft as they do not have Paypal accounts. Therefore, I just listed Switchcraft on Lulu.Com. I believe they take regular credit cards.

I also believe that I will be able to revise the file for any future upgrades, and that purchasers will have access to the upgrades.

There’s nothing fancy about the listing.

In fact, I pay a lower commission if you buy the book directly from my web site.

The Lulu listing is there to accommodate the folks who have been asking for it.

Of course, if anyone wishes to add a review on Lulu, I would certainly be appreciative.

Thanks so much,

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
By the way, I picked out a cheesy looking cover for the product page, but I can't tell if it gets included with the actual book or not. Then again, maybe folks are better off with just the normal text cover Smile. Still, I am curious. If anyone buys Switchcraft on Lulu, please let me know whether it comes with the new funky cover.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I got sidetracked on another board, but the next supplement is very much under way. It includes some contributions from top mentalists as well as some cool billet work of my own. There are both techniques and routines. Hopefully, I will wrap it up by next Sunday.
TheAmazingMrLucky
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingMrLucky
Elliott

This is a great book! I just bought mine today, and was thrilled to see just how in depth and complete a resource it is! Given some of the other magic ebooks I've purchased over the net over the years I had low expectations with this one (despite its great reviews), and was very pleasantly surprised to find it lived up to what everyone said. I am very impressed! I look forward to many more days of happy reading.

FYI, PayPal allows you to pay with a credit card but WITHOUT creating a PayPal account, so I'm not sure why anyone would be having trouble with PayPal, maybe it's just a problem of perception, people thinking they still need an account to pay.

Lucky

P.S. - Please let the purchasers know how we can get the updated/additional supplement you are talking about!
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Lucky!!

I usually just send the supplements to everyone on my mailing list. You're on the list, so you should receive it as soon as it's wrapped up; probably next week.

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Another contributed technique & routine just came today. The contribution is from two mentalists we have all heard of. Looks like I’ll be busy for a while. Sweet!!
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Just turned some of my handwritten notes into eight pages of clear typed instructions. We're getting there. Although, for some reason, this one has been taking longer than usual.
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Hey Elliot, Will there be a book form of this coming?? Thanks!!

Mike
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Its on lulu.com already I think? have a search around...

it's the best thing you'll buy, superb thinking, well explained, lots of routines, no waffle, no pie-in-the-sky handlings, simple, honest, deceptive work...its a rare old bird is Switchcraft...

Elliot, you should really stop with all the freebies and do a big old compendium in the new year or something...but I would say that, cos I've already got it..wooohahahaha
I've asked to be banned
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Mike,

By “book,” I assume you mean something like an actual hardcover edition. That's a good question. The answer is… hopefully.

Right now, I am focusing on providing Switchcraft purchasers with as much solid new material as possible.

That said, at some point, the well will dry up and I will, no doubt, turn to the eventual twelve zillion page e-book and try and figure out what to do with it all.

That day had not yet arrived, so I am still focusing on pushing forward, instead of looking back.

Four things are for sure

1. Any hardcover will be more expensive than the e-book edition
2. It will be a long way down the road. I'd guess AT LEAST a year off
3. If someone is waiting for the hardcover, it's gonna be a long wait. I would just buy the inexpensive e-book now.
4. Due to cost constraints, there is a small possibility that a hardcover edition will actually contain less material than the ebook. I would hope not, but you never know.

Abraxus,

Thanks so much. I will do my best to maintain or exceed that level of quality going forward.

Elliott
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Thanks Elliot! Guess I'll have to get the ebook first.

Mike
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Mike!! I'm looking forward to spending your money Smile

re: Supplement 6:

Finished typing the instructions for the final effect, and converted a contributed video file to WMV format.

Now, all I need to do is write an introduction, figure out the order of things and self-edit. It seems that I’ll most likely be mailing this out at some point on labor day weekend.

E.B.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Mike,
Get the ebook!!!!!!!! You'll be glad you did.
Nicholas
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Came up with a new easy technique that fits nicely with the rest of the supplement. I’m presently typing it up, but it is getting much too long for one supplement. We’ll see what the final product looks like, but I may decide to split the material up. Perhaps, I’ll include the special contributed technique and video together with the new one. Maybe a bonus routine or two…and save the rest for other supplements. We shall see.
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
Elliott,

If I were to purchase from the Lulu site would I still receive any updates?
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
As the supplements have been free and, more importantly, at least 50 email accounts block me as spam, I make no commitments that a Switchcraft purchaser will later receive additional free supplements.

That said, I have spent countless hours getting the free supplements to those 50 or so Switchcraft purchasers who's accounts block my mailings each time a supplement goes out.

Of course, most (thousands of?) supplements were received without a hitch.

If you buy from Lulu, you will receive an automated message with instructions on how to contact me to get on my mailing list.

The preferred mode of purchase, however, should be paypal / payloadz. In such case, I get your email address for my mailing list right away.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Finished the new technique, photos and all.

Cut it down from about 60 pages to about 35 pages, by pushing a lot of routines and ideas to future releases; otherwise I’d never get it out any time soon.

The trimmed down supplement will feature a contributed technique and video, but will also have bonus material including a second technique, an idea and a really cool billet routine.

On top of writing and shooting the second technique, I totally re-organized and trimmed the whole book. Therefore, I will need to give it a whole new self-edit.

I’ll, hopefully do that tomorrow…or maybe I’ll go to the movies instead Smile
joanmonse
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of joanmonse
Hi Elliott,
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS for your great ebook!!

Just to check if I received all the updates, please, confirm it.

1) SWITCHCRAFT The Billet Work of Elliott J. Bressler (1st electr. edit. nov.06)
2) SILVER BILLET (A Switchcraft supplement)(1st electr. edit. Jun.07)
3) BACK FROM THE DEAD (Summer Billet Reading - Book One) (1st electr. edit. Jul.07)
4) STACK MASTER (Summer Billet Reading - Book Two) (1st electr. edit. Jul.07)

Thanks in advance!
Best regards.
Joan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..23..35..47..59..71~72~73 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL