The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..29..40..51..62..71~72~73 [Next]
AlexSem
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of AlexSem
Elliott you truly are a gift to the community Smile I liiike!
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Alex.

Y'know right now, just out of the blue, I came up with a new easy way to read what someone wrote on a billet. When will it ever end?
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Tested it out a few times and it works like a charm. Some more testing is in order, but I'm really tempted to place this in the first post April supplement. We'll see.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Yikes! While typing up some very rough notes, I came up with an even better Read. Gotta stop thinking so much. Maybe I’ll watch some more Battlestar Galactica, instead.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Yeah, that or... YOU CAN SHARE IT WITH US IMMEDIATELY.

Here is my big criticism of Switchcraft: It always leaves us wanting more. Not because there isn't enough good stuff but because there always seems to be MORE.
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
This is by far the best value for money purchase I have ever had!!!!.
the newest supplement, zombie chicken read is worth the money alone, let alone the massive depth and knowledge shown in the switchcraft project so far.
so many ebooks have left me disappointed in their content or quality of material.
so called pro's could really learn a lot from switchcraft, when considering releasing ebooks.
usable, real world and well thought out.
I cannot recommend this highly enough.

enough ass kissing now, just buy it!
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2008-01-14 19:59, Lemniscate wrote:
Yeah, that or... YOU CAN SHARE IT WITH US IMMEDIATELY.

:)
Time's a bit tight for me these days. Things should definitely free up by mid-April. But you never know, I may catch a break somewhere along the way. However, it's not just about typing things up. Each supplement is immediately distributed to hundreds of professional, so there's no “taking things back.” Therefore, I spend a lot of time self-editing and making sure things flow and come together.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2008-01-15 04:25, dylan magic wrote:
This is by far the best value for money purchase I have ever had!!!!.
the newest supplement, zombie chicken read is worth the money alone, let alone the massive depth and knowledge shown in the switchcraft project so far.
so many ebooks have left me disappointed in their content or quality of material.
so called pro's could really learn a lot from switchcraft, when considering releasing ebooks.
usable, real world and well thought out.
I cannot recommend this highly enough.

enough ass kissing now, just buy it!

Thank you so much!!

EB
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
It's handy being a mind-reader. Through a combination of remote viewing and sponge bunnies, I've obtained a fairly clear readout of Elliott's method for what we'll call

THE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA BILLET PEEK

First, remove a pack of 5x8 index cards from your upper north pocket. Remove the rubber bands (at least two but no more than seventeen) from the cards and offer the stack to the person whose mind you will be reading (hereafter referred to as the PWMYWBR). Ask them to write (not print) the name of someone who is here, but is not close to them. Then have them fold the billet per its pre-folded folds which you pre-foldedly folded -- uh, previously foldered -- uh, fol-- ahem!

HERE IS THE SECRET!

You have previously folded this top index card, using your incredible orgami skills, into a bust shape of Lorne Greene. This leaves a gap behind Lorne's left eye, which you'll be using in a moment.

Have them put the folded billet on the table. (You did remember to bring a table, didn't you?) Pick up two of the rubber bands. Begin a spectacular presentation of the Crazy Man's Handcuffs, never mind what they might think of a mind reader who is now playing with rubber bands. While they are being stupified by the sight of rubber bands passing through each other, then passing through each other again, and again and again and again, you slip one of your shoes off. (It depends on whether you are right-footed or left-footed.)

THE MISDIRECTION IS HEAVY HERE, and you should have no problem with the following.

You have previously cut a hole in your sock, just large enough for your two largest toes to grasp the billet and unfold the left eyelid. Because of the heavy misdirection, you have all the time in the world to read this message, lower the eyelid, and place it back on the table.

Remember, presentation is 90% of this peek.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
That's actually a pretty accurate write-up of the technique.

However, it is important to note that the bust is of Edward James Olmos, and not Lorne Green.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Well, I was Olmos correct.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Why didn't I see that coming? Smile
geedubya
View Profile
New user
Indiana
8 Posts

Profile of geedubya
Elliott,

Greg Arce was right, this is obviously a work of love! Lots of detail in the explanations and the production quality is top notch. It's easy to tell that you have a deep passion for your topic and that you have spent much time on the topic as well as the manuscript.

Thanks for sharing! Great stuff!

Gary
p.s. I'll say this, now that I have my copy. You should charge at least twice what you're charging now!
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, Gary!!!!

Many people bring up the price in emails, posts etc.

I can’t guarantee that the price will always stay $19.95, but, for now, I am leaving it alone.

I think $19.95 is a respectable price; not too high or too low.

I priced the book by looking at the prices being charged for large works by Annemann, Baker, Cassidy, Richardson, Maven etc.

I lowered the price a bit because I am selling an ebook, and I am not a big name.

Then I raised it back up a bit as I am selling a specialty product with state of the art methods that will be very valuable to someone looking to study billet work.

The final price may be a drop on the low side, but I like to leave purchasers with the sense that they got more than their money’s worth for the information received.

Elliott
Esjay Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
Halls of residence
267 Posts

Profile of Esjay Dee
Quote:
On 2008-01-19 19:17, ElliottB wrote:
I am not a big name.
Elliott

I wouldn't be too sure about that. You are certainly making a name for your self, in more ways than one.

SJD
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of ashah
Well, I haven't bought Switchcraft yet, but it's at the top of my list. I have a bunch of other things to keep my occupied for now, and I'll surely pick up Switchcraft when I'm ready for it.

That said... Elliott, if you ever do decide to raise the price or stop including the supplements, please announce it in advance! I'm sure you'll get a bunch of buyers like myself who want this gem of an e-book at such a great price.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks SJD!!

ashah, have no fear. I don't think I'll be doing much with the book until mid-April, so the price is pretty safe until then. I'm not making any guarantees about the price, but I think you should be OK.
dunlop
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, UK
201 Posts

Profile of dunlop
Elliott, just had to thank you again!
everytime I get an update in my mail, I just can't believe it!

Thanks!!!

Nicolas.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I'm late to this - just finally ordered this as I'm stocking up on Billet techniques...

HOLY FRIGGIN' GENIUS!!!!

And for only $20!??????!?!

Elliot - this is worth WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more...

Ok its already been said but I'll say it again:

Great production values!

Great clear photos!

Great Switch!!!!

Plus 8 extra books?????

Kudos... 5 Elder Signs!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Elliott, don't worry... you've already put your name into the league of mentalists. Your tome has made the rounds and everyone is very pleased with it. The fact that you keep adding to it and perfecting it shows how much dedication you have to this field. You're way ahead of the game.

As many have said, you should charge much more for this much material. At least maybe a few bucks per update or supplement because they are well worth it.

And as I've told you before, any time you want to send something for me to test or play with, I'll be more than happy to help in any way.

You've given us a very big gift and now we should all return the favor.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Switchcraft (185 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..29..40..51..62..71~72~73 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL