The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fire Dangerous? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
Alright, there is the punk who keeps arguing that Fire IS NOT DANGEROUS enless your a "wussy, paranoid, clumsy or irresponsible." He says that fire is controllable.

Heres one of his remarks.
[quote="henryh"]Just relax.
Fire is NOT dangerous. Sure, if you are clumsy. But how many stories of lethal accidents have you heard that happened because of a magician? Just be responsible and use it in the right conditions!

now am I wrong saying that fire is dangerous. I see fire as a danger no matter what. No matter how long one has worked with it, no matter how responsible one is with it, no matter how small the fire. The minute you think you can fully control it, it can and will bite you in the ass.

He also believes that you can learn "geek" (his words) and side show effects just fine from books.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
With 3o years of fire eating under my belt I still get the odd mouth burn.
Treat it with contempt at your own risk.

Ken
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
And while a steamroller is running over his foot, does he say "It doesn't hurt a bit!"?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Don't worry--this is a self-correcting problem.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
NippleKing
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of NippleKing
Sounds like a future Darwin Award winner to me. Let's just hope he doesn't take anyone with him.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
http://www.fire-dancing.com/fire-safety.php

And this just scratches the surface!

Chris
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
You ride a motorcycle, you will fall
You drive a car, you will hit something
You sew, you will stick yourself
You work with paper, you will get a papercut (Harley)
You work with heat and fire, you WILL GET BURNED!!

No two ways about it, EVERYTHING has its risk!! Your friend is an idiot.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
Quote:
On 2006-12-06 12:52, thegreatnippulini wrote:
You ride a motorcycle, you will fall
You drive a car, you will hit something
You sew, you will stick yourself
You work with paper, you will get a papercut (Harley)
You work with heat and fire, you WILL GET BURNED!!

No two ways about it, EVERYTHING has its risk!! Your friend is an idiot.

Not my friend. WE had words over this, he still argues fire is safe. He just wont listen. They finally deleted the topic once he started name calling and going off on every one.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
The only time "fire" and "safe" should be used in a sentence together is in reference to a large metal box used to keep valuables in.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Rodentia
View Profile
New user
Southern California
81 Posts

Profile of Rodentia
Working with fire is a form of partialy controled choas at the best of times. I always tell people the first rule is: Respect Fire.
Fire is a demanding Mistress...

http://combustiblecircus.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Fire is only fully safe when there is no oxygen, the fuel is removed, the heat source/ignition source is removed. Or preffereably all three. AT that point it is safe (scientifically speaking - would still need a cosh sheet for the fuel). but there is never apoint where there is no risk! don't crematoriumshave HUGE safety procedures in place?

I don't know how anyone can be so insane about it - well I can they are insane! Like "nipple king" suggested we may see him in the Darwin awards soon.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
What I've noticed is that those who work most closely and most often with danger are ALWAYS the ones who are most obsessed with safety precautions.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
Quote:
On 2007-05-21 15:54, airship wrote:
What I've noticed is that those who work most closely and most often with danger are ALWAYS the ones who are most obsessed with safety precautions.

A great example is Harely. Saftey is his number one thing. Everytime we talk, saftey is mentioned. Which is a great thing.
I know with all my escapes and stunts, I focus a lot of time and effort into safety.
From having a med team at hand to seeking as much info as possible on the thing at hand.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
A bit obsessed, yes. I've had a lot of minor injuries over the years, but never required hospitalization for any of them. Considering how long I've been doing it, that could be a major brag. I'd rather not brag, however, as it gets in the way of doing the things right.

It doesn't matter if we do something once, if it kills us. We're in show business. We need to be able to do it every time we're booked.

I have a new fire trick!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Respect the fire. Respect the fire. Fear the burn.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Rodentia
View Profile
New user
Southern California
81 Posts

Profile of Rodentia
What's the new trick?
Fire is a demanding Mistress...

http://combustiblecircus.com
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
716 Posts

Profile of jondark445
After seeing the topic of this post I just had to add...in my best Phil Hartman doing Frankenstein voice...

FIRE BADD!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fire Dangerous? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL