The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » rope stretch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

the sean
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
79 Posts

Profile of the sean
Hey people,

I was wondering, I have been told that an ending for the professor's nightmare could be that I stretch the three ropes into one long rope, sooo....
I was wondering if these ropes are the kind that would attach at the ends or can it be done with a regular rope?
And if it is done with a regular rope, what kind of book or video would I have to buy to learn it? Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10767 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I believe Steve Bedwell in his video "taped"
he does a wonderful routine that includes a rope strecthing, and is very baffling
hope this helps,
-vinny-
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I do this the other way around. I use a setup kind of like the rope stretch, but do not take it too seriously. Say I am going to stretch a rope...then start to do so. It looks okay, but then I realize it is getting too long. Drop the idea of the stretch, admit I messed up and show rope in sleeve. From there do regular prof cheer. The gives a logical way to get into the effect, instead of by accident finding a rope hanging out your sleeve. Seems to me that, after the fact, this could be hard to do since you have a number of pieces of rope, knots, loops and undies to contend with.
quack
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
In the 80s, I did it at the beginning of the routine by taking a small piece of rope from a locked brass bill tube. The tube was about 4-5" but there was an 8' piece of rope in it after it was "stretched". Of course the bill tube could be inspected.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » rope stretch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL