The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cardboard Sword Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1775 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Well his other son then is alive cos he is performing the act now that the grand old man himself has retired. I have seen both, the senior and junior perform the act and its still one of the best if not even the best acts in the world.

J-M
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Drake
This illusion remains one of those that gets me every time.

Best,

Tim
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Quote:
On 2007-10-13 13:46, korttihai_82 wrote:
Well his other son then is alive cos he is performing the act now that the grand old man himself has retired. I have seen both, the senior and junior perform the act and its still one of the best if not even the best acts in the world.

J-M

Do you know the son name who is performing?

Thanks,

Las
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Where is this effect written up? The pole version, not the morietti version.
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
The version I have on tape is Sahid and Lisa Malik's, and yes, it rocks.

Maybe this is just me being an inexperienced mark, but I was under the impression it was the same principle as that found in Victory Carton Illusions, but with a real intimacy and trust between the performers involved and lots and lots of practice (as in years) to build up the speed. That's part of the attraction of it, the obvious skill involvement.

I've performed my own version of the sword box both in the box and outside it, but never without a lot of serious rehearsal beforehand with my performance partner. Some illusions can be performed with a new (good quality) assistant after a couple of rehearsals or less, but not something with as many potential variables as a sword box. Both parties need to be on totally the same page.
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
455 Posts

Profile of MCM
http://www.youtube.com/user/rickgreen355

Not sure which version is here, but it is interesting to note the "before" and after version, that is the practice one that he recently put up and the more polished one done on stage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cardboard Sword Box (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL