The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A closer for a "bizarre" evening (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
863 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Hello everyone!

I am doing a, sort of, bizarre show. It is a mix of bizarre magic, sideshow stunts and other things I think fitting. I have a hard time finding a closer that I like. Right now I am using my street show finale - a strait jacket escape with chains. I like that routine and I have done it a lot - so I know that it plays big. Still I would like to find something that I don't usually do. I have been thinking about "Spiked" but have decided against it.

My set consists of:

1) A prediction using two decks of cards where spectator and I randomly choses the same card. (Jay Sankey - Echo)

2) A version of "The human blockhead" where I bend the nail with my mind afterwards.

3) Razorblade on string

4) Glass eating

5) Max Mavens Zenvelopes (will be changed into Dark Museum as soon as I get it.)

6) SJ escape.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Yes, Trap Monte will fit within the context of your show. Doug Higley offers the notes for something like $5. I've been using it as a closer or penultimate closing routine for the last 6 months. It plays strong (even among a room full of magicians).

Tony
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
863 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I bought that notes last week and I am thinking about it. I am not really sure if it wil work as a closer though. But if you say so... perhaps I should try it out.

Any other ideas?

/Ark
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Give it a try and see the reactions you get.
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Ark, I can attest... the tension build up with this routine, especially with the "bone crusher display" is unreal. It is a very powerful routine.

Yours Aye,

The Seadawg
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
863 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Any other ideas - anything really...

/Ark
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Possibly something from the Higleys dark Museum. The DM is pretty cool and the book that Jim Magus is compiling using routines withe DM should be pretty cool.
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6439 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Bringing something back to life from the dead always makes a good closer. You could start with a dead fly, then move on to a dead rat. Finally, do the Monkey's Paw and adjourn the show afterwards, asking everyone to meet you at the local graveyard at midnight for the grand finale.

The Fly Reanimation is in The Wizards' Journal #1 (Musca Domestica), and The Monkey's Paw is in The Wizards' Journal #4, both on my site. The dead rat could be reanimated with a "Frankenstein Machine" with one of Jim Gerrish's "Chocolate Bunny Boxes" converted with strobe lights and made from antique materials rather than hardboard and duct tape.

If you want to take it into the graveyard, a good seance apparition would send them scurrying home quickly.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
863 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
That's really good! I will think about the fly and the rat. Could be a killer!

/Ark
Tamip
View Profile
New user
Israel
12 Posts

Profile of Tamip
There are many things you can include -
spike through the hand, spike through the tongue,
breaking a concrete block on your head, corn kernel in the eye,
stopping your pulse...

see the stuff on "reply's believe it or not", and try to figure out a magical way to do it safely.

GL with the show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A closer for a "bizarre" evening (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL