The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Why do people come on stage? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gaafman
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of gaafman
Hi,

Well, I am just reading some literature about hypnosis (now reading THE Encyclopedia), and without guidance, I won't go past the wakening hypnosis. But I was wondering if you could provide me the answer to the following question:

Why do volunteers want to come on stage?

I haven't read a clear answer on that question yet, and I think it's a question that is quite important. If you know the why, in your patter, you can aim at those specific points to tempt the audience to come on stage.

I, personally, have been on stage as a participant once, and that was part out of curiosity and a friend that was a bit scared to go alone.

Maybe a follow up on that question might be:
The participants with which motivation are the best to have on stage (best influenced)? Or is there no difference in "hypnosis output" compared to the different motivated groups?

I hope you understand my question, and thank you for taking the time in answering it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20540 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well, you hit 2 big reasons. You just answered your own question, really.

People all have different reasons for coming to the stage. Some just want fun, some want to act out, some want a story to tell or be told about them, and some want an unforgettable experience.

See, I think the far more important question would be, "Why wouldn't someone come to the stage?" Answer that, and you end up with far more volunteers, if you eliminate those reasons.

Some can not be eliminated, like stage fright and such. But the others can, and should, be addressed.

Good question.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Strangelittleman
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney Aus
184 Posts

Profile of Strangelittleman
They come up because they are paid well beforehand. lol

Seriously, though - I might just chime in to back up what Danny said. You're better off working out why people wouldn't come onto a stage you were working, figuring out how to eliminate that, and hey presto, your stage group is growing. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Why do people come on stage? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL