The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Where can I find a P&l table???? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MMS
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of MMS
Hello,

Where can I find a P&l table base???
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
You can also build it youreself or let someone build it for you. Just find some illusion builder near you.
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
No builder can build a P & L table base, even if it looks alike, it's still a look-a-like and not a P & L.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I agree with Alex. The international magic auction has the base only for sale right now. You would have to get an upright made for it. they also show up on ebay time to time. Wellington's new table or Norm Neilsen's are similar and better in many ways. I think Owen's may even make something like it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
I agree, don't get a base that looks like a UFO. It has to be as deceptive as possible. Look into 'The Base book' by Woodbury. The best base is still the step up with most of the 'hiding' under the table.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
smagic
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of smagic
If you are still looking for a P&L table base my grandfather has some. If you are interested PM me.
smagic
RiserMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of RiserMagic
Quote:
On 2006-12-19 16:26, Silvio Solaris wrote:
I agree, don't get a base that looks like a UFO. It has to be as deceptive as possible. Look into 'The Base book' by Woodbury. The best base is still the step up with most of the 'hiding' under the table.

Silvio;
He's asking about a P&L base. There must be mistake in your Magic Café profile...it says you are an illusionist. An illusionist would know what a P&L base is.

To the original poster. P&L bases show up on ebay about once per month. Owen does make a similar base (side table) and a version with twin supports (center table - four legs rather than the three on the matching side table bases).

Unless you really need a P&L or Owen base, you might consider a cymbal or snare drum stand. These very sturdy music bases fold up with no loose parts to misplace. On the music bases you would need to make an adaptor for a table flange. I'm presently making an effect that I was going to mount on the Owen base; but decided on the snare drum stand as it is heavier and quicker to set up.
Jim
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Too many posts...I confused it with something else.
My bad.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Where can I find a P&l table???? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL