The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Time Machine Watch? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Can anyone recommend the Time Machine Watch? A big investment at £100. But not if it is everything it makes out to be.
It "appears" to be a very smooth routine. Too smooth in fact. There must be a catch somewhere.
Ben Cummings
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Ben Cummings
Just my opinion - This effect IS very clean and good. Which is the problem! I dislike effects in which the spectator announces "wow, what a great gimmick!" instead of "wow, what a great performer!"

And I've personally found people grabbing for the watch, desperately wanting to examine it at times.

Following my post will be many people stating how superb the effect is - and they're correct.

But carefully thinking through the character you desire to perform as will and should dictate your decision to invest in this.

Just my unhumble opinion!
Author of "Conversations With Mind Readers"

Over 40 hours of interviews with thirty-two Top Mentalists & Mind Readers.

For more info email me at bencummings1@yahoo.com and I will email you a detailed Prospectus.
ColinB
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of ColinB
I have the same reluctance - it would be a great effect - if you did it with someone else's watch! So I guess you need a stooge to wear it, or look into getting Banachek's PK Time...
Ben Cummings
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Ben Cummings
I have to agree with Colin- I have frequently used Banachecks PK Time, to great reactions.

Since it also costs 1/4th the cost of Time Machine; can be performed anytime, anywhere impromptu; and gets a jaw dropping gasp when performed, one would be better advised to purchase the Banacheck manuscript.

Warning - It does in fact need some practice, unlike the Time Machine which requires little practice. However, envision how much more confident you'll feel being able to perform a true miracle anytime, anywhere - with anyone's watch.

For more info email me at bencummings1@yahoo.com and I will email you a detailed Prospectus.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
It is pretty good. I like it and use it as my normal watch. It is a strong effect and worth the money.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
tiptophat
View Profile
Loyal user
Wesley
269 Posts

Profile of tiptophat
The watch is an interesting piece of equipment but I hear changing out the battery can be somewhat of a problem.

Its always better to do an effect with the spectators watch of which there is considerable source material for.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
thanks to everyone for their input...
I will have to have a look at Banachek's PK time...a new one to me!
Wulfie
Ben Cummings
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Ben Cummings
You'll find some other interesting time effects on Kenton Knepper's "Wonder Words". I currently blend Banachek's handling with one of the effects revealed on (I believe) WW Vol 3. Killer effect!

nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
I have the watch. Regalfan helped me with some useful 'patter' for it's use. Thanks again Regalfan. Remember that the performance with this item is more important than the mechanics.

Regards Nitram
Michele
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
301 Posts

Profile of Michele
I already own a "Watch & Wear" Is both of them using the same gimmick ?

Thanks
magicmanr
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of magicmanr
Quote:
On 2003-01-04 17:36, Michele wrote:
I already own a "Watch & Wear" Is both of them using the same gimmick ?

Thanks

The W&W and Time Machine are almost identical...the workings are the same, from what other threads on this effect have said.

I love my Time Machine! However, I'm dreading the dead battery (which will be any time soon)
Mugician
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Mugician
I just purchased a Time Machine and have had good results with it so far. Some have guessed how it works but I just deny it and they go on to another theory. As it's been said before, the patter to go along with this effect is important. I also saw on one thread that you should set the watch to 1 o'clock before you start the trick but I like to show the spec that the watch is showing the correct time before I start. This shows them that it is a working watch and it lessons their inclination to believe that it is just a gimmicked watch.
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
The changing of the battery is no big deal. Just be sure when you put the cap back on the stem and the indention in the cap line up.
I preform this with the spectator holding the watch in his finger tips. This way they cant take it from you , you take it from them.
The one I use is the Time Machine. Smile
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
jo
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of jo
I also have Time Machine, and find it a brilliant piece of work. No one has ever wanted to grab it from my hands, and no one has guessed at the method. Perhaps its the presentation that makes the difference. I don't follow the patter recommended. And for those who do have it here is a couple of suggestions:
1. Instead of you reading the specs mind, or making a prediction, allow the spec to read yours. You set the time and the spec clears her mind in order to read your thoughts. (Ever pick up a ringing phone knowing who was on the other side before answering?) Much stronger and allows you to stretch the moment accordingly.
2. "Set" the watch to one in the hold position, then continue with the method when you have established the correct time. You can still show the watch as a working watch before attempting the effect.
3.I feel my watch to valuable for another to handle. Perhaps slow down your presentation from the start and your spec will match your mood.
4. I offer to use the spec's watch at the beginning, then seeiing how 'expensive' it is, I prefer using mine. I've been accused of breaking watches before you know! (Actually have them take it off and then return it - its convincing enough)

Enjoy

Jo
Smile
Terry
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Terry
No one has mentioned what they do when they do not get the watch to stop at the correct time.
Invariably, I cannot get my Time Machine to stop at the exact minute predicted.
I am positive other have at least experienced that.
What do you do when this happens?
MagicAL47
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of MagicAL47
If this happens it will still be amazing out of the twelve hours in a day.Don't sweat it it is still an excellent effect.
~Magic-Al~
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
238 Posts

Profile of ns
I think that the biggest problem with the watch would come from people saying, "Hey I got a new watch - let me show you something.".

I've had mine for months and haven't shown a single person yet. I will when the time is right. It is a great watch to just wear and will serve as a great effect when I need it.
jo
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of jo
Hey NS, I agree with wearing the watch the whole 'time'. People know me not to wear a watch... and so I haven't shown them the effect. Patience...
Others who don't know me, especially in the show arena, react well to the watch and as I have said none have guessed the method. If I do 5 effects I would place the watch about 4th or even 5th. There isn't much more I can say after the effect without stepping on the moment or trivialising the 'magic'. I just leave people with their thoughts.

Jo
(Aka Al) Smile
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Is the watch waterproof (or water resistant). I do a lot of outside work and Im wondering if its rugged enough for everyday wear?
Also, it kinda looks cheap. I havent seen one in person, but from the photos, it looks like a Walmart $9.99 watch. Does it look better in person?
Thanks
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
238 Posts

Profile of ns
I doubt it's waterproof. May be water resistant. I haven't tried it. I'm outside a lot and haven't had any problem with it yet.

It looks OK but it does look a little cheep. Plus the strap seems to wear out fast
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Time Machine Watch? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL